Words containing m, y
4 letter words containing m, y
- amoy — a port in SE China, in Fujian province on Amoy Island, at the mouth of the Jiulong River opposite Taiwan: one of the first treaty ports opened to European trade (1842). Pop: 746 000 (2005 est)
- amyl — of, consisting of, or containing any of eight isomeric forms of the monovalent group C5H11-
- army — An army is a large organized group of people who are armed and trained to fight on land in a war. Most armies are organized and controlled by governments.
- ayme — Marcel (marsɛl). 1902–67, French writer: noted for his light and witty narratives
- cyma — either of two mouldings having a double curve, part concave and part convex. Cyma recta has the convex part nearer the wall and cyma reversa has the concave part nearer the wall
5 letter words containing m, y
- abysm — an abyss
- agamy — the absence of a rule dictating marriage choices within a social group.
- ambry — a recessed cupboard in the wall of a church near the altar, used to store sacred vessels, etc
- amity — Amity is peaceful, friendly relations between people or countries.
- amory — a male or female given name.
6 letter words containing m, y
- abomey — a city in SW Benin.
- adytum — the most sacred place of worship in an ancient temple from which the laity was prohibited
- almaty — a city in SE Kazakhstan; capital of Kazakhstan (1991–97): an important trading centre. Pop: 1 103 000 (2005 est)
- almery — a cupboard built into a church wall used for storing sacred oils, church vessels, and other similar items
- ambary — a tropical Asian malvaceous plant, Hibiscus cannabinus, that yields a fibre similar to jute
7 letter words containing m, y
- abysmal — If you describe a situation or the condition of something as abysmal, you think that it is very bad or poor in quality.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- acronym — An acronym is a word composed of the first letters of the words in a phrase, especially when this is used as a name. An example of an acronym is NATO which is made up of the first letters of the 'North Atlantic Treaty Organization'.
- alchemy — Alchemy was a form of chemistry studied in the Middle Ages, which was concerned with trying to discover ways to change ordinary metals into gold.
- alimony — Alimony is money that a court of law orders someone to pay regularly to their former wife or husband after they have got divorced. Compare palimony.
8 letter words containing m, y
- acrimony — Acrimony is bitter and angry words or quarrels.
- acronyms — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- adamancy — a state of resoluteness
- adynamia — loss of vital power or strength, esp as the result of illness; weakness or debility
- aeronomy — the science of the earth's upper atmosphere
9 letter words containing m, y
- abnormity — lack of normality; a deviation from the usual or typical
- abysmally — of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great.
- accompany — If you accompany someone, you go somewhere with them.
- acronymed — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- acronymic — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
10 letter words containing m, y
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
- abominably — repugnantly hateful; detestable; loathsome: an abominable crime.
- achromycin — tetracycline
11 letter words containing m, y
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- actinomyces — a genus of bacteria that causes disease in humans and improves soil ecology
12 letter words containing m, y
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
13 letter words containing m, y
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- acronymically — in an acronymic manner
- actinomycosis — a fungal disease of cattle and of cats and dogs, sometimes transmitted to humans esp by bites, characterized by a swelling of the affected part, most often the jaw or lungs
- adenoidectomy — surgical removal of the adenoids
14 letter words containing m, y
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
15 letter words containing m, y
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- ancylostomiasis — infestation of the human intestine with blood-sucking hookworms, causing progressive anaemia
16 letter words containing m, y
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
17 letter words containing m, y
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
18 letter words containing m, y
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
19 letter words containing m, y
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- choledocholithotomy — The removal of the gallstone from the bile duct in a case of choledocholithiasis.
20 letter words containing m, y
21 letter words containing m, y
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
22 letter words containing m, y
24 letter words containing m, y
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
29 letter words containing m, y
On this page, we collect all words with M, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 14678 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains M, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.