Words containing m, e, t, r, y
6 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- myrtle — a female given name.
7 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- mastery — command or grasp, as of a subject: a mastery of Italian.
- mattery — discharging pus
- metayer — a person who works the land using tools, seed, etc., furnished by the landlord and who receives a share of the harvest in compensation.
- metrify — to put into meter; compose in verse.
- mystery — anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown: the mysteries of nature.
8 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- biometry — the analysis of biological data using mathematical and statistical methods
- cemetery — A cemetery is a place where dead people's bodies or their ashes are buried.
- cometary — a celestial body moving about the sun, usually in a highly eccentric orbit, consisting of a central mass surrounded by an envelope of dust and gas that may form a tail that streams away from the sun.
- frumenty — a dish of hulled wheat boiled in milk and seasoned with sugar, cinnamon, and raisins.
- furmenty — frumenty
9 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- aerometry — an instrument for determining the weight, density, etc., of air or other gases.
- algometry — a device for determining sensitiveness to pain caused by pressure.
- allometry — the study of the growth of part of an organism in relation to the growth of the entire organism
- altimetry — the science of measuring altitudes, as with an altimeter
- ambrotype — an early type of glass negative that could be made to appear as a positive by backing it with black varnish or paper
10 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- acidimetry — the determination of the amount of acid present in a solution, measured by an acidimeter or by volumetric analysis
- alimentary — of or relating to nutrition
- amendatory — serving to amend; corrective
- anemometry — the technique of measuring wind speed and direction
- astrometry — the branch of astronomy concerned with the measurement of the position and motion of celestial bodies
11 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- actinometry — The measurement of the heating power of electromagnetic radiation, especially that of solar radiation.
- alkalimetry — determination of the amount of alkali or base in a solution, measured by an alkalimeter or by volumetric analysis
- apodyterium — the changing room in an ancient Roman bathhouse
- archeometry — the branch of archaeology that deals with the dating of archaeological specimens through specific techniques, as radiocarbon dating and amino-acid dating.
- arteriotomy — the surgical cutting of an artery or a cut made in an artery
12 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- amateurishly — In an amateurish or nonprofessional manner.
- amelioratory — tending to ameliorate
- aneurysmatic — (medicine) Describing a blood vessel that has an aneurysm; aneurysmal.
- antisymmetry — the correspondence in size, form, and arrangement of parts on opposite sides of a plane, line, or point; regularity of form or arrangement in terms of like, reciprocal, or corresponding parts.
- archaeometry — the use of science and modern technology in archaeology to examine and interpret archaeological remains
13 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- adumbratively — In an adumbrative manner.
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- alectryomancy — an ancient form of divination, using a rooster to select grains of food placed on letters of the alphabet.
- aluminothermy — a process for reducing metallic oxides using finely divided aluminium powder. The mixture of aluminium and the oxide is ignited, causing the aluminium to be oxidized and the metal oxide to be reduced to the metal
14 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
15 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adventuresomely — In an adventuresome manner.
- aerodynamicists — Plural form of aerodynamicist.
- amegakaryocytic — Characterized by a lack of megakaryocytes.
- archaeastronomy — (astronomy, archaeology) The historical, especially archeological, study of astronomy; the study of the astronomical systems and methods of ancient cultures often embracing the astrology and cosmology of the past.
16 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- astrometeorology — the study of the theoretical effects of astronomical bodies and forces on the earth's atmosphere.
- bathythermograph — a device for measuring the temperature of the ocean at any specific depth down to c. 1,800 m (c. 5,900 ft)
17 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- amphitheatrically — In a manner such as to appear to have some characteristics of an amphitheatre.
- antihyperglycemic — (of a medication or treatment) Tending to reduce hyperglycemia (high blood sugar, characteristic of diabetes).
- antimycobacterial — (medicine) That counteracts the effects of mycobacteria.
- comprehensibility — capable of being comprehended or understood; intelligible.
18 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
- dimethyltryptamine — a hallucinogenic drug, C 12 H 16 N 2 , with an action of short duration. Abbreviation: DMT.
- gastroduodenostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
- hyper-metaphorical — a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”. Compare mixed metaphor, simile (def 1).
19 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- common-iliac-artery — Also called common iliac artery. either of two large arteries that conduct blood to the pelvis and the legs.
- counterpoint-rhythm — Music. the art of combining melodies.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
20 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
21 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- antiferromagnetically — In an antiferromagnetic manner.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- methyltrinitrobenzene — TNT.
- psychopharmacotherapy — the use of psychoactive drugs in the symptomatic treatment or control of mental disorders or psychiatric disease.
22 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- hexamethylenetetramine — a white, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 6 H 12 N 4 , used as a vulcanization accelerator, an absorbent in gas masks, in the manufacture of the explosive RDX and synthetic resins, and in medicine as a diuretic and urinary antiseptic.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
24 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
26 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
29 letter words containing m, e, t, r, y
On this page, we collect all words with M, E, T, R, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4037 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains M, E, T, R, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.