Words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
6 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
7 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- artemis — the virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon: the twin sister of Apollo
- imprest — impressment.
- maistre — Josephe de (ʒozɛf də). 1753–1821, French writer and diplomat, noted for his extreme reactionary views, expounded in such works as Les Soirées de St Petersbourg (1821)
- meister — Denoting a person regarded as skilled or prominent in a specified area of activity.
- metrics — Mathematics. a nonnegative real-valued function having properties analogous to those of the distance between points on a real line, as the distance between two points being independent of the order of the points, the distance between two points being zero if, and only if, the two points coincide, and the distance between two points being less than or equal to the sum of the distances from each point to an arbitrary third point.
8 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- amortise — amortize
- asterism — three asterisks arranged in a triangle (⁂ or ), to draw attention to the text that follows
- bimester — a period of two months
- centrism — (especially in continental Europe) a member of a political party of the Center; moderate.
- ceramist — a person who works in ceramics; ceramic artist
9 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- airstream — a wind, esp at a high altitude
- ameristic — not divided into parts; having no meristem.
- amortised — Finance. to liquidate or extinguish (a mortgage, debt, or other obligation), especially by periodic payments to the creditor or to a sinking fund. to write off a cost of (an asset) gradually.
- antiserum — blood serum containing antibodies against a specific antigen, used to treat or provide immunity to a disease
- armistice — An armistice is an agreement between countries who are at war with one another to stop fighting and to discuss ways of making peace.
10 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- administer — If someone administers something such as a country, the law, or a test, they take responsibility for organizing and supervising it.
- amateurish — If you describe something as amateurish, you think that it is not skilfully made or done.
- amateurism — Amateurism is the belief that people should take part in sports and other activities as a hobby, for pleasure, rather than as a job, for money.
- amphiaster — the structure that occurs in a cell undergoing mitosis, consisting of a spindle with an aster at each end
- armistices — a temporary suspension of hostilities by agreement of the warring parties; truce: World War I ended with the armistice of 1918.
11 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- adventurism — Adventurism is a willingness to take risks, especially in order to obtain an unfair advantage in politics or business.
- aerotropism — the growth of plants towards or away from a source of oxygen
- algesimeter — an instrument for determining the sensitiveness of the skin to a painful stimulus.
- americanist — a person who studies some aspect of America, such as its history or languages
- anisometric — not isometric; having unsymmetrical parts or unequal measurements
12 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- administrate — to manage or direct (the affairs of a business, institution, etc)
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- algesiometer — an instrument for determining the sensitiveness of the skin to a painful stimulus.
- alstroemeria — any plant of the tuberous perennial liliaceous genus Alstroemeria, originally S American, grown for their brightly coloured orchid-like flowers
13 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- administerial — of or concerned with administration; administrative: administerial matters.
- administering — to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
- administrated — to administer.
14 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
15 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
16 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
17 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- arithmetic-series — a sequence in which each term is obtained by the addition of a constant number to the preceding term, as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 6, 1, −4, −9, −14.
- british-cameroons — German Kamerun. a region in W Africa: a German protectorate 1884–1919; divided in 1919 into British and French mandates.
- chemotherapeutics — chemotherapy.
18 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
19 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
- gentleman-pensioner — (formerly) a gentleman-at-arms.
- hyperparathyroidism — overactivity of the parathyroid gland, characterized by softening of the bones, with consequent pain, tenderness, and a tendency to spontaneous fractures, and by muscular weakness and abdominal cramps.
20 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
21 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
22 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
23 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
- antiestablishmentarianism — a policy or attitude that views a nation's power structure as corrupt, repressive, exploitive, etc.
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
26 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
28 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
29 letter words containing m, e, i, s, t, r
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with M, E, I, S, T, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7423 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains M, E, I, S, T, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.