Words containing l, y
4 letter words containing l, y
- ably — Ably means skilfully and successfully.
- acyl — of, denoting, or containing the monovalent group of atoms RCO-, where R is an organic group
- agly — off the right line; awry; wrong.
- alay — a mountain range in SW Kyrgyzstan, part of the Tien Shan. To 19,280 feet (5880 meters).
- algy — a male given name, form of Algernon.
5 letter words containing l, y
6 letter words containing l, y
- acetyl — of, consisting of, or containing the monovalent group CH3CO-
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- adenyl — a derivative of adenine
- aerily — in an aery manner
- airily — in a jaunty or high-spirited manner
7 letter words containing l, y
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
- abysmal — If you describe a situation or the condition of something as abysmal, you think that it is very bad or poor in quality.
- abyssal — of or belonging to the ocean depths, esp below 2000 metres (6500 feet)
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- acrylic — Acrylic material is artificial and is manufactured by a chemical process.
8 letter words containing l, y
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absently — in an absent-minded or preoccupied manner; inattentively
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
9 letter words containing l, y
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- abysmally — of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great.
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- acclivity — an upward slope, esp of the ground
10 letter words containing l, y
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
- abominably — repugnantly hateful; detestable; loathsome: an abominable crime.
11 letter words containing l, y
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
12 letter words containing l, y
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
13 letter words containing l, y
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
14 letter words containing l, y
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
15 letter words containing l, y
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
16 letter words containing l, y
17 letter words containing l, y
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
18 letter words containing l, y
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
19 letter words containing l, y
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing l, y
24 letter words containing l, y
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with L, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 27304 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.