Words containing l, o, g
4 letter words containing l, o, g
5 letter words containing l, o, g
- aglow — If something is aglow, it is shining and bright with a soft, warm light.
- algo- — denoting pain
- algol — the second brightest star in Perseus, the first known eclipsing binary. Visual magnitude: 2.2–3.5; period: 68.8 hours; spectral type (brighter component): B8V
- algor — chill
- alogi — a group of Christians in the 2nd century a.d. who rejected the doctrine of the Logos.
6 letter words containing l, o, g
7 letter words containing l, o, g
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- aerogel — a colloid that has a continuous solid phase containing dispersed gas
- age-old — An age-old story, tradition, or problem has existed for many generations or centuries.
- agelong — lasting a very long time
- aglucon — an aglycon, especially one combined with glucose to form a glycoside.
8 letter words containing l, o, g
- acrology — acrophony.
- aerology — the study of the atmosphere, particularly its upper layers
- agalloch — the fragrant, resinous wood of an East Indian tree, Aquilaria agallocha, of the mezereum family, used as incense in Asia.
- agalwood — a soft, resinous wood of the Asain tree Aquilaria malaccensis, known for its aromatic qualities, and used in incense
- aglossia — congenital absence of the tongue
9 letter words containing l, o, g
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- adenology — the branch of medicine dealing with the development, structure, function, and diseases of glands.
- adoringly — to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor.
- aetiology — the philosophy or study of causation
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
10 letter words containing l, o, g
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
- acromegaly — a chronic disease characterized by enlargement of the bones of the head, hands, and feet, and swelling and enlargement of soft tissue, esp the tongue. It is caused by excessive secretion of growth hormone by the pituitary gland
- actinology — the science of light rays and their chemical effects
- agathocles — 361–289 b.c, tyrant of Syracuse 317–289.
- aglutition — (medicine) Inability to swallow.
11 letter words containing l, o, g
- abiological — not involving living organisms
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
12 letter words containing l, o, g
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
13 letter words containing l, o, g
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- actinobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the effects of radiation on living organisms
14 letter words containing l, o, g
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- aetiologically — etiology.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
15 letter words containing l, o, g
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
16 letter words containing l, o, g
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
17 letter words containing l, o, g
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
18 letter words containing l, o, g
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
19 letter words containing l, o, g
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing l, o, g
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
21 letter words containing l, o, g
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
22 letter words containing l, o, g
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
On this page, we collect all words with L, O, G. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 16350 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, O, G that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.