Words containing l, i, t, h
5 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- filth — offensive or disgusting dirt or refuse; foul matter: the filth dumped into our rivers.
6 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- alight — If something is alight, it is burning.
- alioth — a binary star, the brightest star in the constellation Ursa Major and in the handle of the Big Dipper: magnitude, 1.8
- bilith — a prehistoric structure consisting of a horizontal stone slab supported by an upright stone.
- blight — You can refer to something as a blight when it causes great difficulties, and damages or spoils other things.
- blithe — You use blithe to indicate that something is done casually, without serious or careful thought.
7 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- alethia — the ancient Greek personification of truth.
- alethic — of or relating to such philosophical concepts as truth, necessity, possibility, contingency, etc
- alright — all right
- althing — the bicameral parliament of Iceland
- antheil — George. 1900–59, US composer. His best known work is the controversial Le Ballet Méchanique (1924) for motor horns, bells, and aeroplane propellers
8 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- aerolith — a meteorite consisting mainly of stony matter.
- airlight — light scattered or diffused in the air by dust, haze, etc., especially as it limits the visibility of distant, dark objects by causing them to blend with the background sky.
- albright — Horace Marden [mahrd-n] /ˈmɑrd n/ (Show IPA), 1890–1987, U.S. conservationist and cofounder of the National Park Service.
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
9 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- aethalium — a large, plump, pillow-shaped fruiting body of certain myxomycetes, formed by the aggregation of plasmodia into a single functional mass.
- aetheling — atheling.
- ailanthus — an E Asian simaroubaceous deciduous tree, Ailanthus altissima, planted in Europe and North America, having pinnate leaves, small greenish flowers, and winged fruits
- alchemist — An alchemist was a scientist in the Middle Ages who tried to discover how to change ordinary metals into gold.
- alecithal — (of an ovum) having little or no yolk
10 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- afterlight — the light visible in the sky after sunset; afterglow.
- ahithophel — a member of David's council, who became one of Absalom's advisers in his rebellion and hanged himself when his advice was overruled (II Samuel 15:12–17:23)
- allopathic — of, relating to, or used in allopathy
- alphabetic — in the order of the letters of the alphabet: alphabetical arrangement.
11 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
- aesthetical — of or relating to aesthetics.
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
- alchemistic — a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and concerned principally with discovering methods for transmuting baser metals into gold and with finding a universal solvent and an elixir of life.
12 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- alcoholicity — the strength of an alcoholic liquor
- alphabetical — Alphabetical means arranged according to the normal order of the letters in the alphabet.
- alphabetizer — to put or arrange in alphabetical order.
- alphitomancy — the use of barley meal as a means of divination.
- amphiblastic — (of animal ova) showing complete but unequal cleavage after fertilization
13 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
- aesthetically — in an aesthetic manner
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
14 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- all-or-nothing — not allowing for qualification or compromise; either fully or not at all operative: an all-or-nothing approach.
- anesthesiology — the science of anesthesia and anesthetics
15 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
16 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- anti-patriarchal — of or relating to a patriarch, the male head of a family, tribe, community, church, order, etc.: my father's conservative, patriarchal ways.
17 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
18 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
19 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
21 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing l, i, t, h
24 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing l, i, t, h
28 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing l, i, t, h
31 letter words containing l, i, t, h
32 letter words containing l, i, t, h
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with L, I, T, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10993 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, I, T, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.