Words containing l, e, c, t
4 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- celt — If you describe someone as a Celt, you mean that they are part of the racial group which comes from Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and some other areas such as Brittany.
5 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- cetyl — the univalent hexadecyl radical found in some waxes
6 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- acetal — 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH3CH(OC2H5)2
- acetyl — of, consisting of, or containing the monovalent group CH3CO-
- alecto — one of the three Furies; the others are Megaera and Tisiphone
- cablet — a small cable, esp a cable-laid rope that has a circumference of less than 25 centimetres (ten inches)
- camlet — a tough waterproof cloth
7 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- actable — that can be acted
- acutely — If you feel or notice something acutely, you feel or notice it very strongly.
- acylate — to introduce one or more acyl groups into a compound
- alceste — an opera (1767) by Christoph Willibald Gluck.
8 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- acetylic — of, relating to, or characteristic of the acetyl group.
- acrolect — the most standard form of language
- acrylate — a chemical compound used in plastics and resins
- actively — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
9 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- ablactate — to wean.
- accentual — of, relating to, or having accents; rhythmic
- acclimate — When you acclimate or are acclimated to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- accolated — (of portraits on a coin, medal, or escutcheon) overlapping and facing in the same direction; conjoined.
- acetaldol — aldol (def 1).
10 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- accelerant — accelerating
- accelerate — If the process or rate of something accelerates or if something accelerates it, it gets faster and faster.
- acceptable — Acceptable activities and situations are those that most people approve of or consider to be normal.
11 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- accelerator — The accelerator in a car or other vehicle is the pedal which you press with your foot in order to make the vehicle go faster.
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
12 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
13 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
14 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
15 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
16 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
17 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
18 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
19 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
20 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
21 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
22 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing l, e, c, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
On this page, we collect all words with L, E, C, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 19826 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, E, C, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.