Words containing l, a, s, e
5 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- aisle — An aisle is a long narrow gap that people can walk along between rows of seats in a public building such as a church or between rows of shelves in a supermarket.
- aleus — a king of Tegea and the father of Amphidamas, Auge, Cepheus, and Lycurgus.
- almes — almah.
- aloes — any chiefly African shrub belonging to the genus Aloe, of the lily family, certain species of which yield a fiber.
- alsek — a river in the Yukon Territory of NW Canada and SE Alaska, flowing S to the Pacific Ocean. 260 miles (418 km) long.
6 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- ablest — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- addles — mentally confused; muddled.
- aeolis — the ancient name for the coastal region of NW Asia Minor, including the island of Lesbos, settled by the Aeolian Greeks (about 1000 bc)
- aeolus — the god of the winds
7 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
- aculeus — a prickle or spine, such as the thorn of a rose
- aerosol — An aerosol is a small container in which a liquid such as paint or deodorant is kept under pressure. When you press a button, the liquid is forced out as a fine spray or foam.
8 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abristle — Bristling.
9 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
10 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
- absolutize — to make absolute
- absorbable — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
11 letter words containing l, a, s, e
12 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
13 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
14 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
15 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
16 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
17 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
18 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
19 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
21 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
23 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing l, a, s, e
28 letter words containing l, a, s, e
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with L, A, S, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 27950 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, A, S, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.