Words containing l, a, s
3 letter words containing l, a, s
4 letter words containing l, a, s
- adsl — ADSL is a method of transmitting digital information at high speed over telephone lines. ADSL is an abbreviation for 'asynchronous digital subscriber line'.
- ails — to cause pain, uneasiness, or trouble to.
- alas — You use alas to say that you think that the facts you are talking about are sad or unfortunate.
- alls — the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
- alms — Alms are gifts of money, clothes, or food to poor people.
5 letter words containing l, a, s
- aalst — city in WC Belgium, near Brussels: pop. 76,000
- aisle — An aisle is a long narrow gap that people can walk along between rows of seats in a public building such as a church or between rows of shelves in a supermarket.
- alays — a mountain range in SW Kyrgyzstan, part of the Tien Shan. To 19,280 feet (5880 meters).
- aleus — a king of Tegea and the father of Amphidamas, Auge, Cepheus, and Lycurgus.
- alias — An alias is a false name, especially one used by a criminal.
6 letter words containing l, a, s
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- ablest — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- ablush — (of a person) blushing
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- addles — mentally confused; muddled.
7 letter words containing l, a, s
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- absalom — the third son of David, who rebelled against his father and was eventually killed by Joab (II Samuel 15–18)
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
8 letter words containing l, a, s
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
9 letter words containing l, a, s
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
10 letter words containing l, a, s
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
11 letter words containing l, a, s
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
12 letter words containing l, a, s
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
13 letter words containing l, a, s
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
14 letter words containing l, a, s
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
15 letter words containing l, a, s
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing l, a, s
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words containing l, a, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
18 letter words containing l, a, s
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing l, a, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing l, a, s
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
21 letter words containing l, a, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing l, a, s
23 letter words containing l, a, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing l, a, s
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing l, a, s
28 letter words containing l, a, s
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with L, A, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 38938 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, A, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.