Words containing l, a, g, r
5 letter words containing l, a, g, r
6 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- aglare — glaring
- alborg — seaport in N Jutland, Denmark: pop. 159,000
- alegar — malt vinegar
- algren — Nelson. 1909–81, US novelist. His novels, mostly set in Chicago, include Never Come Morning (1942) and The Man with the Golden Arm (1949)
- angler — An angler is someone who fishes with a fishing rod as a hobby.
7 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- aerogel — a colloid that has a continuous solid phase containing dispersed gas
- airglow — the faint light from the upper atmosphere in the night sky, esp in low latitudes
- albergo — (in Italy) a corporation of noble families typically formed to enable the success of business ventures
- algarve — a coastal region of S Portugal. 1958 sq. mi. (5070 sq. km).
8 letter words containing l, a, g, r
9 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- adoringly — to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor.
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- agreeable — If something is agreeable, it is pleasant and you enjoy it.
- agreeably — to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
10 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
- acromegaly — a chronic disease characterized by enlargement of the bones of the head, hands, and feet, and swelling and enlargement of soft tissue, esp the tongue. It is caused by excessive secretion of growth hormone by the pituitary gland
- admiringly — displaying or feeling admiration: admiring looks.
- afterlight — the light visible in the sky after sunset; afterglow.
- aggregable — formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
11 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- aerobiology — the study of airborne organisms, spores, etc
- affirmingly — in an affirming or asserting manner
- agglomerate — to form or be formed into a mass or cluster; collect
- agriculture — Agriculture is farming and the methods that are used to raise and look after crops and animals.
12 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- adrenalizing — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
13 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- aerodontalgia — a toothache caused by lowered barometric pressure, as in high-altitude flight.
- agent-general — a representative in London of a Canadian province or an Australian state
14 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- all-or-nothing — not allowing for qualification or compromise; either fully or not at all operative: an all-or-nothing approach.
- allegorization — to make into an allegory; narrate allegorically.
15 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
16 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- astroarchaeology — archaeoastronomy.
- astrometeorology — the study of the theoretical effects of astronomical bodies and forces on the earth's atmosphere.
17 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
18 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
19 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing l, a, g, r
22 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
24 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
32 letter words containing l, a, g, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with L, A, G, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10969 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, A, G, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.