Words containing l, a, c, t
6 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- acetal — 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH3CH(OC2H5)2
- acetyl — of, consisting of, or containing the monovalent group CH3CO-
- actual — You use actual to emphasize that you are referring to something real or genuine.
- alcott — Louisa May. 1832–88, US novelist, noted for her children's books, esp Little Women (1869)
- alecto — one of the three Furies; the others are Megaera and Tisiphone
7 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- actable — that can be acted
- actinal — of or denoting the oral part of a radiate animal, such as a jellyfish, sea anemone, or sponge, from which the rays, tentacles, or arms grow
- actuals — Plural form of actual.
- acutely — If you feel or notice something acutely, you feel or notice it very strongly.
8 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- acetylic — of, relating to, or characteristic of the acetyl group.
- ach-laut — the voiceless velar fricative sound that is written as ch in Scottish loch or in German ach, often allophonic with the ich-laut
- acrolect — the most standard form of language
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
9 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- ablactate — to wean.
- accentual — of, relating to, or having accents; rhythmic
- acclimate — When you acclimate or are acclimated to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- acclivity — an upward slope, esp of the ground
10 letter words containing l, a, c, t
11 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
12 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
13 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
14 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
15 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
16 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
17 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
18 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
19 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
20 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
23 letter words containing l, a, c, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with L, A, C, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 20482 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, A, C, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.