Words containing i, s, t
4 letter words containing i, s, t
- aits — a small island, especially in a river.
5 letter words containing i, s, t
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
- agist — to care for and feed (cattle or horses) for payment
- airts — a direction.
- alist — inclined to one side; heeling or listing.
6 letter words containing i, s, t
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- abatis — a rampart of felled trees bound together placed with their branches outwards
- aditus — The entrance to a cavity or channel.
- ageist — Ageist behaviour is unacceptable behaviour based on the belief that older people are of less value than younger people.
- agitas — heartburn; indigestion.
7 letter words containing i, s, t
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abstain — If you abstain from something, usually something you want to do, you deliberately do not do it.
- actions — an independent agency created in 1971 to administer domestic volunteer programs.
- actives — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- aeriest — ethereal; aerial.
8 letter words containing i, s, t
- abristle — Bristling.
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- abstrict — to make (a spore) undergo abstriction
- acoustic — An acoustic guitar or other instrument is one whose sound is produced without any electrical equipment.
- acrostic — a number of lines of writing, such as a poem, certain letters of which form a word, proverb, etc. A single acrostic is formed by the initial letters of the lines, a double acrostic by the initial and final letters, and a triple acrostic by the initial, middle, and final letters
9 letter words containing i, s, t
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- absenting — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- abstinent — forbearance from any indulgence of appetite, especially from the use of alcoholic beverages: total abstinence.
10 letter words containing i, s, t
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
11 letter words containing i, s, t
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
12 letter words containing i, s, t
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
13 letter words containing i, s, t
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
14 letter words containing i, s, t
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
15 letter words containing i, s, t
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing i, s, t
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
17 letter words containing i, s, t
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
18 letter words containing i, s, t
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
19 letter words containing i, s, t
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing i, s, t
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
22 letter words containing i, s, t
25 letter words containing i, s, t
28 letter words containing i, s, t
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing i, s, t
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with I, S, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 52105 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains I, S, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.