Words containing i, s, e
5 letter words containing i, s, e
- abies — a fir tree
- aegis — sponsorship or protection; auspices (esp in the phrase under the aegis of)
- aesir — the chief gods of Norse mythology dwelling in Asgard
- aides — nurse's aide.
- aisle — An aisle is a long narrow gap that people can walk along between rows of seats in a public building such as a church or between rows of shelves in a supermarket.
6 letter words containing i, s, e
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- adieus — the act of leaving or departing; farewell.
- advise — If you advise someone to do something, you tell them what you think they should do.
- aeolis — the ancient name for the coastal region of NW Asia Minor, including the island of Lesbos, settled by the Aeolian Greeks (about 1000 bc)
7 letter words containing i, s, e
8 letter words containing i, s, e
- abessive — the grammatical case indicating absence
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- abristle — Bristling.
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
9 letter words containing i, s, e
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- absenting — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
10 letter words containing i, s, e
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
- absolutize — to make absolute
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
11 letter words containing i, s, e
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
12 letter words containing i, s, e
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
13 letter words containing i, s, e
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
14 letter words containing i, s, e
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
15 letter words containing i, s, e
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
16 letter words containing i, s, e
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
17 letter words containing i, s, e
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
18 letter words containing i, s, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
19 letter words containing i, s, e
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
20 letter words containing i, s, e
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
21 letter words containing i, s, e
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing i, s, e
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words containing i, s, e
28 letter words containing i, s, e
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing i, s, e
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with I, S, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 61787 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains I, S, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.