Words containing i, s
3 letter words containing i, s
- ais — Australian Institute of Sport
4 letter words containing i, s
- acis — a Sicilian shepherd and the lover of the nymph Galatea. In jealousy, Polyphemus crushed him with a huge rock, and his blood was turned by Galatea into a river
- afis — Automated Fingerprint Identification System: a computer system that scans fingerprints from crime scenes and compares them with millions of others around the world
- aids — AIDS is a disease which destroys the natural system of protection that the body has against other diseases. AIDS is an abbreviation for 'acquired immune deficiency syndrome'.
- ails — to cause pain, uneasiness, or trouble to.
- airs — affected manners intended to impress others (esp in the phrases give oneself airs, put on airs)
5 letter words containing i, s
- abies — a fir tree
- abris — a shelter, especially a dugout.
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
- adios — goodbye; farewell
- aegis — sponsorship or protection; auspices (esp in the phrase under the aegis of)
6 letter words containing i, s
- a'asia — Australasia
- a-axis — the horizontal crystallographic axis passing from front to back.
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abasia — a muscular disorder causing an inability to walk
7 letter words containing i, s
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
- abiosis — absence of life
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
8 letter words containing i, s
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abessive — the grammatical case indicating absence
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- abristle — Bristling.
9 letter words containing i, s
- abaciscus — a tessera.
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- absenting — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
10 letter words containing i, s
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
11 letter words containing i, s
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
12 letter words containing i, s
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
13 letter words containing i, s
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
14 letter words containing i, s
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
15 letter words containing i, s
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing i, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
17 letter words containing i, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
18 letter words containing i, s
19 letter words containing i, s
20 letter words containing i, s
21 letter words containing i, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing i, s
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
On this page, we collect all words with I, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 88969 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains I, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.