Words containing i, n, l, a, w
5 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
6 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- in-law — a relative by marriage.
- inlaws — Plural form of inlaw.
- inwale — (in an open boat) a horizontal timber binding together the frames along the top strake.
- inwall — to enclose with a wall.
- lawing — the principles and regulations established in a community by some authority and applicable to its people, whether in the form of legislation or of custom and policies recognized and enforced by judicial decision.
7 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- -in-law — being a (specified type of relative) by marriage, not by descent in the same family line
- baldwin — James Arthur. 1924–87, US Black writer, whose works include the novel Go Tell it on the Mountain (1954)
- ballwin — a town in E Missouri.
- bawling — to cry or wail lustily.
- clawing — a sharp, usually curved, nail on the foot of an animal, as on a cat, dog, or bird.
8 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- allowing — to give permission to or for; permit: to allow a student to be absent; No swimming allowed.
- brawling — a noisy quarrel, squabble, or fight.
- crawling — a defect in freshly applied paint or varnish characterized by bare patches and ridging
- dawdling — proceeding at a slow pace
- dawnlike — the first appearance of daylight in the morning: Dawn broke over the valley.
9 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- angelwing — A kind of mollusk; a piddock.
- anglewing — any of several nymphalid butterflies, especially of the genus Polygonia, having angular notches on the outer edges of the forewings.
- anglewise — at an angle, in an angular manner
- antiworld — a hypothetical or supposed world or universe composed of antimatter
- clearwing — any moth of the family Sesiidae (or Aegeriidae), characterized by the absence of scales from the greater part of the wings. They are day-flying and some, such as the hornet clearwing (Sesia apiformis), resemble wasps and other hymenopterans
10 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- awfulizing — Present participle of awfulize.
- batfowling — A method of catching birds at night, by holding a torch or other light, and beating the bush or perch where they roost so that the birds fly towards the light.
- bowlingual — a device that allegedly translates a dog’s barks and grunts into a human language
- candlewick — unbleached cotton or muslin into which loops of yarn are hooked and then cut to give a tufted pattern. It is used for bedspreads, dressing gowns, etc
- chainwheel — a toothed wheel that meshes with a roller chain to transmit motion
11 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- allowancing — Present participle of allowance.
- antimalware — Designed or intended to combat or eliminate malware on a computer system.
- antiwelfare — opposed to the provision of welfare payments
- antiwhaling — opposed to whale fishing
- antiwrinkle — (of cosmetics) intended to reduce or remove wrinkles from the skin
12 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- cartwheeling — Present participle of cartwheel.
- caterwauling — the shrieking and yowling made by a cat, for example when it is on heat or fighting
- councilwoman — A councilwoman is a woman who is a member of a local council.
- cowardliness — lacking courage; contemptibly timid.
- delta-winged — (of an aircraft) having a triangular sweptback wing
13 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- acknowledging — Present participle of acknowledg.
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- candlewicking — a kind of embroidery used for a bedspread, tablecloth, or pillow cover, patterned with French knots of candlewick embroidery thread or yarn
- childrenswear — clothing for children
14 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- brother-in-law — Someone's brother-in-law is the brother of their husband or wife, or the man who is married to their sister.
- clapperclawing — Present participle of clapperclaw.
- clock-watching — the act of checking the time in anticipation of a break or the end of the working day
- daffadowndilly — a daffodil
- disacknowledge — (transitive) To refuse to acknowledge or recognize something; to disavow or deny.
15 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- contraclockwise — Counterclockwise.
- daughter-in-law — Someone's daughter-in-law is the wife of their son.
- flamingo-flower — a central American plant, Anthurium scherzeranum, of the arum family, having a red, coiled spadix and a bright red, shiny, heart-shaped spathe, grown as an ornamental.
- forward-looking — planning for or anticipating possible future events, conditions, etc.; progressive.
16 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- backward-looking — If you describe someone or something as backward-looking, you disapprove of their attitudes, ideas, or actions because they are based on old-fashioned opinions or methods.
- clay-with-flints — a deposit of stiff clay containing unworn whole flints in the S England
- gasoline-powered — using gasoline as fuel
- hole-in-the-wall — A hole-in-the-wall machine is a machine built into the wall of a bank or other building, which allows people to take out money from their bank account by using a special card.
- knowledgeability — possessing or exhibiting knowledge, insight, or understanding; intelligent; well-informed; discerning; perceptive.
17 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- downwardly-mobile — See under vertical mobility (def 1).
- ladies-in-waiting — plural of lady-in-waiting.
- well-investigated — to examine, study, or inquire into systematically; search or examine into the particulars of; examine in detail.
- white-nationalism — white supremacy.
- wrangell-mountain — Mount, an active volcano in SE Alaska, in the Wrangell Mountains. 14,006 feet (4269 meters).
18 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
20 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- gentleman-in-waiting — a man who comes from a family of high social standing and who is attached to a royal household or to the household of a person of high rank
- llanfairpwllgwyngyll — a village in NW Wales, in SE Anglesey: reputed to be the longest place name in Great Britain when unabbreviated; means: St Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near the rapid whirlpool of Llandysilio of the red cave
21 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
22 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- the-leaning-tower-pisa — a round, marble campanile in Pisa, Italy, begun in 1174 and now 17 feet (5.2 meters) out of the perpendicular in its height of 179 feet (54 meters).
30 letter words containing i, n, l, a, w
- call-with-current-continuation — (programming) (call/cc) A Lisp control function that implements the continuation passing style of programming. In continuation passing style (CPS), every function f takes an extra final argument k called the "continuation". The continuation is itself a function and represents the rest of the program. Instead of just returning a value in the normal way, f passes it as an argument to k and returns the result of that. call/cc takes a function f as its argument and calls f, passing it the current continuation k. It thus allows a CPS function to be called in a non-CPS (direct) context. For example, if the final result is to print the value returned by call/cc then anything passed to k will also be printed. E.g, in Scheme: (define (f k) (k 1) (k 2) 3) (display (call-with-current-continuation f)) Will display 1.
On this page, we collect all words with I, N, L, A, W. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2037 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains I, N, L, A, W that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.