Words containing i, c, o, n, l
5 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- colin — an American quail
6 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- alnico — an alloy of aluminium, nickel, cobalt, iron, and copper, used to make permanent magnets
- chilon — flourished 556 b.c, Greek sage and ephor at Sparta.
- cineol — a colorless, oily, slightly water-soluble liquid terpene ether, C 10 H 18 O, having a camphorlike odor and a pungent, spicy, cooling taste, found in eucalyptus, cajeput, and other essential oils: used in flavoring, perfumery, and medicine chiefly as an expectorant.
- clino- — indicating a slope or inclination
- clonic — of or pertaining to clonus
7 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- acyloin — an organic compound containing a hydroxyl group attached to a carbonyl group
- binocle — an opera- or field-glass employing telescopic tubes for both eyes
- calvino — Italo. 1923–85, Italian novelist and short-story writer. His works include Our Ancestors (1960) and Invisible Cities (1972)
- cannoli — a Sicilian pudding of pasta shells filled with sweetened ricotta
- chillon — a castle in W Switzerland, in Vaud at the E end of Lake Geneva
8 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- alcindor — (Ferdinand) Lew(is, Jr.) original name of Abdul-Jabbar.
- alcinous — (in Homer's Odyssey) a Phaeacian king at whose court the shipwrecked Odysseus told of his wanderings
- anabolic — of or relating to anabolism
- analogic — based on, involving, or expressing an analogy.
9 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
10 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
- actinology — the science of light rays and their chemical effects
- actionable — If something that you do or say to someone is actionable, it gives them a valid reason for bringing a legal case against you.
- actionless — inactive, without action
- affliction — An affliction is something which causes physical or mental suffering.
11 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- acclamation — Acclamation is a noisy or enthusiastic expression of approval for someone or something.
- acclimation — The process of becoming, or the state of being, acclimated, or habituated to a new climate; acclimatization.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- acetylation — to introduce one or more acetyl groups into (a compound).
12 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
- aeronautical — Aeronautical means involving or relating to the design and construction of aeroplanes.
- agnostically — a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience. Synonyms: disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever; doubter, skeptic, secularist, empiricist; heathen, heretic, infidel, pagan.
13 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
14 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
15 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
16 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
17 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
18 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
19 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
21 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing i, c, o, n, l
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
On this page, we collect all words with I, C, O, N, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12452 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains I, C, O, N, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.