Words containing i, a, n
3 letter words containing i, a, n
- ain — a department in E central France, in Rhône-Alpes region. Capital: Bourg. Pop: 539 006 (2003 est). Area: 5785 sq km (2256 sq miles)
4 letter words containing i, a, n
- adin — advantage (def 5).
- agin — against
- agni — the god of fire, one of the three chief deities of the Vedas
- ainu — a member of the aboriginal people of Japan, now mostly intermixed with Mongoloid immigrants whose skin colour is more yellowish
- akin — If one thing is akin to another, it is similar to it in some way.
5 letter words containing i, a, n
- abrin — a highly poisonous compound found in the seed of the Indian liquorice (Abrus precatorius)
- acini — Botany. one of the small drupelets or berries of an aggregate, baccate fruit, as the blackberry.
- actin — a protein that participates in many kinds of cell movement, including muscle contraction, during which it interacts with filaments of a second protein, myosin
- adeni — a native or inhabitant of Aden.
- admin — Admin is the activity or process of organizing an institution or organization.
6 letter words containing i, a, n
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- abient — tending to move away from a stimulus or situation.
- abnaki — a member of a North American Indian people formerly living in Maine and Quebec
- abying — Present participle of aby.
- acetin — any of three types of liquid acetate, formed from glycerol and acetic acid, chiefly used in explosives and solvents
7 letter words containing i, a, n
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- abenaki — a member of a group of E Algonquian peoples living mainly in Maine and S Quebec
- abiding — An abiding feeling, memory, or interest is one that you have for a very long time.
8 letter words containing i, a, n
9 letter words containing i, a, n
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
10 letter words containing i, a, n
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
11 letter words containing i, a, n
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abhominable — abominable.
12 letter words containing i, a, n
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
13 letter words containing i, a, n
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
14 letter words containing i, a, n
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
15 letter words containing i, a, n
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
16 letter words containing i, a, n
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
17 letter words containing i, a, n
18 letter words containing i, a, n
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
19 letter words containing i, a, n
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
20 letter words containing i, a, n
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
21 letter words containing i, a, n
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing i, a, n
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
On this page, we collect all words with I, A, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 66805 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains I, A, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.