Words containing h, y, d, r, i
6 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- dryish — Quite dry, relatively dry.
- hybrid — the offspring of two animals or plants of different breeds, varieties, species, or genera, especially as produced through human manipulation for specific genetic characteristics.
- hydria — (in ancient Greece and Rome) a large water jar
- hydric — of, relating to, or adapted to a wet or moist environment.
- riyadh — a kingdom in N and central Arabia, including Hejaz, Nejd, and dependencies. About 600,000 sq. mi. (1,554,000 sq. km). Capital: Riyadh.
7 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- -hydric — having (a specified number of) hydroxyl radicals or replaceable hydrogen atoms in the molecule
- chytrid — any aquatic fungus of the phylum Chytridiomycota. Some species, esp Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis, are fatal to amphibians
- diarchy — government by two states, individuals, etc
- dihydro — (chemistry, especially in combination) Two hydrogen atoms in a molecule.
- dithery — a trembling; vibration.
8 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- birthday — Your birthday is the anniversary of the date on which you were born.
- brynhild — a Valkyrie won as the wife of Gunnar by Sigurd who wakes her from an enchanted sleep: corresponds to Brunhild in the Nibelungenlied
- chytrids — Plural form of chytrid.
- dihybrid — the offspring of parents differing in two specific pairs of genes.
- dihydric — (especially of alcohols and phenols) dihydroxy.
9 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- anhydride — a compound that has been formed from another compound by dehydration
- anhydrite — a colourless or greyish-white mineral, found in sedimentary rocks. It is used in the manufacture of cement, fertilizers, and chemicals. Composition: anhydrous calcium sulphate. Formula: CaSO4. Crystal structure: orthorhombic
- chairdays — old age, or the point in life when resting in a chair is the most comfortable way of passing time
- chairlady — chairwoman.
- charybdis — a ship-devouring monster in classical mythology, identified with a whirlpool off the north coast of Sicily, lying opposite Scylla on the Italian coast
10 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- anhydremia — an abnormal decrease in the volume of the blood, due to loss of water.
- anhydrides — Plural form of anhydride.
- anhydrosis — the deficiency or absence of perspiration; adiaphoresis.
- dairyhouse — A farm building operating as a dairy.
- derbyshire — a county of N central England: contains the Peak District and several resorts with mineral springs: the geographical and ceremonial county includes the city of Derby, which became an independent unitary authority in 1997. Administrative centre: Matlock. Pop (excluding Derby city): 743 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Derby city): 2551 sq km (985 sq miles)
11 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
12 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- achlorhydric — relating to a lack of gastric hydrochloric acid
- affrightedly — in a frightened or alarmed manner
- anthropodicy — An attempt, or argument attempting, to justify the existence of humanity as good (contrast theodicy).
- antihydrogen — hydrogen in which the nucleus is an antiproton with an orbiting positron
13 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- big-heartedly — in a big-hearted manner
- cyberchondria — unfounded anxiety concerning the state of one's health brought on by visiting health and medical websites
- dehydrogenize — dehydrogenate.
- desynchronize — Disturb the synchronization of; put out of step or phase.
- diaphototropy — the state of being diaphototropic, turning transversely to the light
14 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- aluminohydride — (inorganic compound) The univalent anion, AlH4-, present in such compounds as lithium aluminium hydride.
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- barium-hydrate — Also called calcined baryta, barium oxide, barium monoxide, barium protoxide. a white or yellowish-white poisonous solid, BaO, highly reactive with water: used chiefly as a dehydrating agent and in the manufacture of glass.
- brachydactylia — abnormal shortness of the fingers and toes.
- brachydactylic — having abnormally short fingers or toes
15 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- autoradiography — the technique or process of making autoradiographs.
- cineradiography — the filming of motion pictures through a fluoroscope or x-ray machine.
- comprehendingly — In an comprehending manner; knowingly.
- decipherability — to make out the meaning of (poor or partially obliterated writing, etc.): to decipher a hastily scribbled note.
16 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- chondrodysplasia — (medicine) A genetic disorder characterized by short-limbed dwarfism.
- chytridiomycosis — An infectious disease of amphibians caused by the chytrid fungus.
- diacetylmorphine — heroin.
- dichlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of twelve isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing two chlorine atoms.
17 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- chemoradiotherapy — (medicine) A combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy used to treat some cancers.
- dehydrochlorinase — an enzyme that catalyzes the removal of hydrogen and chlorine atoms or ions from chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- dehydrochlorinate — to remove hydrogen chloride or chlorine and hydrogen from (a substance).
18 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- decachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) The fully chlorinated polychlorinated biphenyl containing ten chlorine atoms.
- diethylstilbestrol — a nonsteroidal synthetic estrogen, C 18 H 20 O 2 , used in medicine chiefly in the treatment of menopausal symptoms and in animal feeds for chemical caponization: formerly used during pregnancy for the prevention of miscarriage but discontinued owing to its association with an increased risk of vaginal and cervical cancers in women having had fetal exposure. Abbreviation: DES.
19 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- diethylstilbesterol — Misspelling of diethylstilbestrol\u200e.
- diethylstilboestrol — Diethylstilbestrol.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
20 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
- heteropolysaccharide — (carbohydrate) any polysaccharide formed from two or more different kinds of monosaccharide.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- hyperadrenocorticism — Cushing's syndrome.
21 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- comfortably-furnished — containing comfortable furniture
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- dendrochronologically — By the use of, or with reference to dendrochronology.
- mucopolysaccharidoses — Plural form of mucopolysaccharidosis.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
24 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
25 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
27 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
30 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
35 letter words containing h, y, d, r, i
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with H, Y, D, R, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1706 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, Y, D, R, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.