Words containing h, u, l
4 letter words containing h, u, l
- buhl — boulle
- haul — to pull or draw with force; move by drawing; drag: They hauled the boat up onto the beach.
- hula — a sinuous Hawaiian native dance with intricate arm movements that tell a story in pantomime, usually danced to rhythmic drumming and accompanied by chanting.
- hulk — the body of an old or dismantled ship.
- hull — Cordell [kawr-del,, kawr-del] /ˈkɔr dɛl,, kɔrˈdɛl/ (Show IPA), 1871–1955, U.S. statesman: secretary of state 1933–44; Nobel Peace Prize 1945.
5 letter words containing h, u, l
6 letter words containing h, u, l
7 letter words containing h, u, l
- agulhas — Capesouthernmost point of Africa, in Western Cape province, South Africa
- alpheus — a river god, lover of the nymph Arethusa. She changed into a spring to evade him, but he changed into a river and mingled with her
- anouilh — Jean (ʒɑ̃). 1910–87, French dramatist, noted for his reinterpretations of Greek myths: his works include Eurydice (1942), Antigone (1944), and Becket (1959)
- balthus — real name Balthasar Klossowski de Rola. 1908–2001, French painter of Polish descent, noted esp for his paintings of adolescent girls
- baluchi — a member of a Muslim people living chiefly in coastal Pakistan and Iran
8 letter words containing h, u, l
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- ach-laut — the voiceless velar fricative sound that is written as ch in Scottish loch or in German ach, often allophonic with the ich-laut
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- alchuine — (Ealhwine Flaccus) a.d. 735–804, English theologian and scholar: teacher and adviser of Charlemagne.
- alehouse — An alehouse is a pub.
9 letter words containing h, u, l
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- acholuria — the absence of bile pigments in the urine.
- adulthood — Adulthood is the state of being an adult.
- aeschylus — ?525–?456 bc, Greek dramatist, regarded as the father of Greek tragedy. Seven of his plays are extant, including Seven Against Thebes, The Persians, Prometheus Bound, and the trilogy of the Oresteia
10 letter words containing h, u, l
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- al-bukhari — Muhammad ibn Ismaʿil [ib-uh n is-mah-eel] /ˈɪb ən ɪsˈmɑ il/ (Show IPA), a.d. 810–870, a collector of the Hadith.
- aleph-null — the smallest infinite cardinal number; the cardinal number of the set of positive integers
- alphavirus — Any virus of the genus Alphavirus (family Togaviridae).
- altazimuth — an instrument for measuring the altitude and azimuth of a celestial body by the horizontal and vertical rotation of a telescope
11 letter words containing h, u, l
12 letter words containing h, u, l
13 letter words containing h, u, l
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- allochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found in a place other than where they or their constituents were formed
- allylthiourea — thiosinamine.
- aluminography — algraphy.
- aluminothermy — a process for reducing metallic oxides using finely divided aluminium powder. The mixture of aluminium and the oxide is ignited, causing the aluminium to be oxidized and the metal oxide to be reduced to the metal
14 letter words containing h, u, l
- antihomosexual — opposed to homosexual people and behaviour
- bechamel-sauce — a white sauce, sometimes seasoned with onion and nutmeg.
- bellingshausen — Fabian Gottlieb von [fey-bee-uh n-got-leeb von] /ˈfeɪ bi ənˈgɒt lib vɒn/ (Show IPA), (Faddey Faddeyevich Bellingshauzen) 1778–1852, Russian naval officer and explorer.
- bible-thumping — an evangelist or other person who quotes the Bible frequently, especially as a means of exhortation or rebuke.
- bremsstrahlung — the radiation produced when an electrically charged particle, esp an electron, is slowed down by the electric field of an atomic nucleus or an atomic ion
15 letter words containing h, u, l
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- anti-malthusian — of or relating to the theories of T. R. Malthus, which state that population tends to increase faster, at a geometrical ratio, than the means of subsistence, which increases at an arithmetical ratio, and that this will result in an inadequate supply of the goods supporting life unless war, famine, or disease reduces the population or the increase of population is checked.
- architecturally — of or relating to architecture: architectural metals.
- authenticatable — to establish as genuine.
- authoritatively — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
16 letter words containing h, u, l
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- caryophyllaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caryophyllaceae, a family of flowering plants including the pink, carnation, sweet william, and chickweed
17 letter words containing h, u, l
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing h, u, l
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
19 letter words containing h, u, l
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
20 letter words containing h, u, l
- gill-over-the-ground — ground ivy.
21 letter words containing h, u, l
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
22 letter words containing h, u, l
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing h, u, l
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing h, u, l
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
29 letter words containing h, u, l
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing h, u, l
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with H, U, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7753 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, U, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.