Words containing h, e, m, i, a
6 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
7 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- alfheim — the domain of elves.
- anaheim — a city in SW California: site of Disneyland. Pop: 332 361 (2003 est)
- aphemia — a type of aphasia characterized by the inability to express ideas in spoken words.
- asherim — an ancient Semitic goddess, sometimes identified with Ashtoreth and Astarte, worshiped by the Phoenicians and Canaanites.
- atheism — Atheism is the belief that there is no God. Compare agnosticism.
8 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- alchemic — a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and concerned principally with discovering methods for transmuting baser metals into gold and with finding a universal solvent and an elixir of life.
- aleichem — Sholom, real name Solomon Rabinowitz. 1859–1916, US Jewish writer, born in Russia. His works include Tevye the Milkman, which was adapted for the stage musical Fiddler on the Roof
- amicheme — Associate Member of the Institution of Chemical Engineers
- amimeche — Associate Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- anthemia — an ornament of floral forms in a flat radiating cluster, as in architectural decoration, vase painting, etc.
9 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- achimenes — any plant of the tropical S American tuberous-rooted perennial genus Achimenes, with showy red, blue, or white tubular flowers, some of which are grown as greenhouse plants: family Gesneriaceae
- aethalium — a large, plump, pillow-shaped fruiting body of certain myxomycetes, formed by the aggregation of plasmodia into a single functional mass.
- ahimelech — a priest who was killed by Saul for helping David. I Sam. 21:1–9; 22:9–23.
- alchemies — a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and concerned principally with discovering methods for transmuting baser metals into gold and with finding a universal solvent and an elixir of life.
10 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
- admonished — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- alchemical — Alchemical means relating to the science of alchemy.
- amateurish — If you describe something as amateurish, you think that it is not skilfully made or done.
11 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- abhominable — abominable.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- achromatize — to make achromatic; to remove colour from
12 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- aeromechanic — an aircraft mechanic
- aestheticism — the doctrine that aesthetic principles are of supreme importance and that works of art should be judged accordingly
13 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
14 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anesthesimeter — a device for measuring the amount of anesthetic given by inhalation.
15 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- antihemorrhagic — That stops or reduces hemorrhage.
- atmospherically — pertaining to, existing in, or consisting of the atmosphere: atmospheric vapors.
- bathing-machine — a small bathhouse on wheels formerly used as a dressing room and in which bathers could also be transported from the beach to the water.
16 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
17 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
18 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
19 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- diethylaminoethanol — a colorless, hygroscopic, water-soluble liquid, C 6 H 15 NO, used for the synthesis of local anesthetics, in antirust compounds, and in photographic emulsions.
20 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
21 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
22 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
23 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
24 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
- magnetothermoelectricity — thermoelectricity induced or affected by a magnetic field.
25 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
- antiestablishmentarianism — a policy or attitude that views a nation's power structure as corrupt, repressive, exploitive, etc.
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
28 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
32 letter words containing h, e, m, i, a
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with H, E, M, I, A. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5842 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, E, M, I, A that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.