Words containing h, e, d, r
5 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- hared — any rodentlike mammal of the genus Lepus, of the family Leporidae, having long ears, a divided upper lip, and long hind limbs adapted for leaping.
6 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- adhere — If you adhere to an opinion or belief, you support or hold it.
- arched — An arched roof, window, or doorway is curved at the top.
- cheder — (in Western countries) elementary religious education classes, usually outside normal school hours
- chider — to express disapproval of; scold; reproach: The principal chided the children for their thoughtless pranks.
- dasher — someone or something that dashes
7 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- adhered — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- airhead — If you describe someone, especially a young woman, as an airhead, you are critical of them because you think they are not at all clever and are interested only in unimportant things.
- airshed — a region sharing a common flow of air, which may become uniformly polluted and stagnant
- airthed — a direction.
- ardeche — a department of S France, in Rhône-Alpes region. Capital: Privas. Pop: 294 933 (2003 est). Area: 5556 sq km (2167 sq miles)
8 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- adherend — a material attached using adhesive
- adherent — An adherent is someone who holds a particular belief or supports a particular person or group.
- adhering — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- anchored — any of various devices dropped by a chain, cable, or rope to the bottom of a body of water for preventing or restricting the motion of a vessel or other floating object, typically having broad, hooklike arms that bury themselves in the bottom to provide a firm hold.
9 letter words containing h, e, d, r
10 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- adherently — in an adherent manner
- affrighted — to frighten.
- ahmednagar — a city in W India, in Maharashtra: formerly one of the kingdoms of Deccan. Pop: 307 455 (2001)
11 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- acraldehyde — acrolein.
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
12 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
- antihydrogen — hydrogen in which the nucleus is an antiproton with an orbiting positron
- archdeaconry — the office, rank, or duties of an archdeacon
13 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- air-hardening — noting any metal, especially alloy steel, that can be hardened from above its transformation point by cooling in air.
14 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- anti-diarrheal — an intestinal disorder characterized by abnormal frequency and fluidity of fecal evacuations.
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- barium-hydrate — Also called calcined baryta, barium oxide, barium monoxide, barium protoxide. a white or yellowish-white poisonous solid, BaO, highly reactive with water: used chiefly as a dehydrating agent and in the manufacture of glass.
15 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- bonheur-du-jour — a delicate fall-front desk of the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
- bullnose-header — Also called bullnose header. a brick having one of the edges across its width rounded for laying as a header in a sill or the like.
- cephalochordate — any chordate animal of the subphylum Cephalochordata, having a fishlike body and no vertebral column; lancelet
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
16 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
17 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
18 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- diethylstilbestrol — a nonsteroidal synthetic estrogen, C 18 H 20 O 2 , used in medicine chiefly in the treatment of menopausal symptoms and in animal feeds for chemical caponization: formerly used during pregnancy for the prevention of miscarriage but discontinued owing to its association with an increased risk of vaginal and cervical cancers in women having had fetal exposure. Abbreviation: DES.
19 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- dihydrotestosterone — (steroid) An androgenic metabolite of testosterone; used to treat certain breast cancers.
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
20 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
- gill-over-the-ground — ground ivy.
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
21 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing h, e, d, r
23 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing h, e, d, r
25 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
31 letter words containing h, e, d, r
32 letter words containing h, e, d, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with H, E, D, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9568 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, E, D, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.