Words containing h, e, a, d
4 letter words containing h, e, a, d
5 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- ached — to have or suffer a continuous, dull pain: His whole body ached.
- ahead — Something that is ahead is in front of you. If you look ahead, you look directly in front of you.
- dache — Lilly, 1914?–1989, U.S. hat designer, born in France.
- daesh — a name used to refer to ISIS/ISIL, the radical Sunni Muslim organization: use of this name is said to delegitimize the group's claim to be an "Islamic state.".
- death — Death is the permanent end of the life of a person or animal.
6 letter words containing h, e, a, d
7 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- adhered — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- adichie — Chimamanda Ngozi, born 1977, Nigerian novelist; her novels include Purple Hibiscus (2003) and Half of a Yellow Sun (2006), which won the 2007 Orange Prize for Fiction
- airhead — If you describe someone, especially a young woman, as an airhead, you are critical of them because you think they are not at all clever and are interested only in unimportant things.
- airshed — a region sharing a common flow of air, which may become uniformly polluted and stagnant
8 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- acidhead — a person who uses LSD
- adherend — a material attached using adhesive
- adherent — An adherent is someone who holds a particular belief or supports a particular person or group.
- adhering — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
9 letter words containing h, e, a, d
10 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
11 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- acraldehyde — acrolein.
12 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- adhesiveness — coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
13 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
14 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- anti-diarrheal — an intestinal disorder characterized by abnormal frequency and fluidity of fecal evacuations.
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- azidothymidine — an antiretroviral drug used to treat HIV/AIDS
15 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- autoschediastic — offhand, with little forethought or preparation
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
16 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
17 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
18 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
- dimethyltryptamine — a hallucinogenic drug, C 12 H 16 N 2 , with an action of short duration. Abbreviation: DMT.
19 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
21 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing h, e, a, d
23 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
31 letter words containing h, e, a, d
32 letter words containing h, e, a, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with H, E, A, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10501 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, E, A, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.