Words containing h, a, e, m
4 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- ahem — In writing, ahem is used to show that someone is being ironic. Ahem is also used to show that someone wants to get another person's attention.
- haem — The component of haemoglobin responsible for binding oxygen, consists of an iron ion that binds oxygen and a porphyrin ring that binds the globin molecules; one molecule binds one molecule of oxygen.
- hame — either of two curved pieces lying upon the collar in the harness of an animal, to which the traces are fastened.
5 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- hamer — Fannie Lou, 1917–77, U.S. civil rights activist.
- hames — either of two curved pieces lying upon the collar in the harness of an animal, to which the traces are fastened.
- harem — the part of a Muslim palace or house reserved for the residence of women.
- hema- — hemo-
- hemal — Also, hematal. of or relating to the blood or blood vessels.
6 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- ahmose — 1580–1557 b.c, founder of the New Kingdom of ancient Egypt.
- anthem — An anthem is a song which is used to represent a particular nation, society, or group and which is sung on special occasions.
- arnhem — a city in the E Netherlands, capital of Gelderland province, on the Rhine: site of a World War II battle. Pop: 142 000 (2003 est)
- athame — (in Wicca) a witch's ceremonial knife, usually with a black handle, used in rituals rather than for cutting or carving
- dedham — a town in E Massachusetts, near Boston.
7 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- aechmea — any of various epiphytic bromeliads of the genus Aechmea, native to tropical America, having stiff, spiny leaves and clusters of red, yellow, or blue flowers: popular as a houseplant.
- alchemy — Alchemy was a form of chemistry studied in the Middle Ages, which was concerned with trying to discover ways to change ordinary metals into gold.
- alfheim — the domain of elves.
- amherst — Jeffrey, 1st Baron Amherst. 1717–97, British general who defeated the French in Canada (1758–60): governor general of British North America (1761–63)
- anaheim — a city in SW California: site of Disneyland. Pop: 332 361 (2003 est)
8 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- ahemeral — not constituting a full 24-hour day
- alchemic — a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and concerned principally with discovering methods for transmuting baser metals into gold and with finding a universal solvent and an elixir of life.
- aleichem — Sholom, real name Solomon Rabinowitz. 1859–1916, US Jewish writer, born in Russia. His works include Tevye the Milkman, which was adapted for the stage musical Fiddler on the Roof
- almohade — a member of a group of puritanical Muslims, originally Berbers, who arose in S Morocco in the 12th century as a reaction against the corrupt Almoravides and who ruled Spain and all Maghrib from about 1147 to after 1213
- amalthea — a nymph who brought up the infant Zeus on goats' milk
9 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- achimenes — any plant of the tropical S American tuberous-rooted perennial genus Achimenes, with showy red, blue, or white tubular flowers, some of which are grown as greenhouse plants: family Gesneriaceae
- achromate — a person unable to perceive color.
- aethalium — a large, plump, pillow-shaped fruiting body of certain myxomycetes, formed by the aggregation of plasmodia into a single functional mass.
10 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
- admonished — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- aerenchyma — plant tissue with large air-filled spaces, which is typical of aquatic plants and allows air to reach waterlogged parts
11 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- abhominable — abominable.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
12 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
13 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
14 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
15 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- antihemorrhagic — That stops or reduces hemorrhage.
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
- astrophotometry — the measurement of the intensity of light of celestial objects.
16 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
17 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
18 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
19 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing h, a, e, m
28 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing h, a, e, m
32 letter words containing h, a, e, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with H, A, E, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9566 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, A, E, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.