Words containing g, r
3 letter words containing g, r
4 letter words containing g, r
- agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- ager — anything that produces the effects of age on another thing
- agra — a city in N India, in W Uttar Pradesh on the Jumna River: a capital of the Mogul empire until 1658; famous for its Mogul architecture, esp the Taj Mahal. Pop: 1 259 979 (2001)
- areg — Plural form of erg.
- arg. — Argentina
5 letter words containing g, r
- aegir — the god of the sea
- agger — an earthwork or mound forming a rampart, esp in a Roman military camp
- aggro — Aggro is the difficulties and problems that are involved in something.
- agora — the marketplace in Athens, used for popular meetings, or any similar place of assembly in ancient Greece
- agram — German name of Zagreb.
6 letter words containing g, r
- aargau — a canton in N Switzerland. Capital: Aarau. Pop: 556 200 (2002 est). Area: 1404 sq km (542 sq miles)
- aerugo — verdigris.
- agadir — a port in SW Morocco, which became the centre of an international crisis (1911), when a gunboat arrived to protect German interests. Britain issued a strong warning to Germany but the French negotiated and war was averted. In 1960 the town was virtually destroyed by an earthquake, about 10 000 people being killed. Pop: 385 000 (2003)
- agaric — any saprotrophic basidiomycetous fungus of the family Agaricaceae, having gills on the underside of the cap. The group includes the edible mushrooms and poisonous forms such as the fly agaric
- aggers — aggressive
7 letter words containing g, r
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- acreage — Acreage is a large area of farm land.
- acrogen — any flowerless plant, such as a fern or moss, in which growth occurs from the tip of the main stem
- adoring — An adoring person is someone who loves and admires another person very much.
8 letter words containing g, r
- aborning — while being born, developed, or realized (esp in the phrase die aborning)
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- abrogate — If someone in a position of authority abrogates something such as a law, agreement, or practice, they put an end to it.
- accruing — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- acrology — acrophony.
9 letter words containing g, r
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- abrogated — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
10 letter words containing g, r
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- abrogation — the act or an instance of abrogating, or repealing: abrogation of the treaty's responsibility.
- abstergent — cleansing or scouring
11 letter words containing g, r
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
12 letter words containing g, r
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
13 letter words containing g, r
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- actor-manager — a leading actor who produces and usually stars in his or her own productions: Sir Henry Irving was one of the first actor-managers.
14 letter words containing g, r
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- administrating — to administer.
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
15 letter words containing g, r
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
16 letter words containing g, r
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
17 letter words containing g, r
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
18 letter words containing g, r
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
19 letter words containing g, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing g, r
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
22 letter words containing g, r
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing g, r
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
29 letter words containing g, r
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with G, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 38968 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains G, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.