Words containing g, o
3 letter words containing g, o
- ago — You use ago when you are referring to past time. For example, if something happened one year ago, it is one year since it happened. If it happened a long time ago, it is a long time since it happened.
4 letter words containing g, o
- agio — the difference between the nominal and actual values of a currency
- agog — If you are agog, you are excited about something, and eager to know more about it.
- agon — (in ancient Greece) a festival at which competitors contended for prizes. Among the best known were the Olympic, Pythian, Nemean, and Isthmian Games
- argo — the ship in which Jason sailed in search of the Golden Fleece
- biog — biography.
5 letter words containing g, o
- aggro — Aggro is the difficulties and problems that are involved in something.
- agios — a premium on money in exchange.
- aglow — If something is aglow, it is shining and bright with a soft, warm light.
- agnon — Shmuel Yosef, real name Samuel Josef Czaczkes. 1888–1970, Israeli novelist, born in Austria-Hungary. His works, which treat contemporary Jewish themes, include The Day Before Yesterday (1945). Nobel prize for literature 1966
- agone — ago; past
6 letter words containing g, o
- adagio — Adagio written above a piece of music means that it should be played slowly.
- adjigo — a yam plant, Dioscorea hastifolia, native to SW Australia that has edible tubers
- aerugo — verdigris.
- agatho — Saint, died a.d. 681, Sicilian ecclesiastic: pope 678–681.
- agogic — Music. stress given to a note through prolonged duration.
7 letter words containing g, o
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- abought — simple past tense and past participle of aby.
- acrogen — any flowerless plant, such as a fern or moss, in which growth occurs from the tip of the main stem
- adoring — An adoring person is someone who loves and admires another person very much.
- aerogel — a colloid that has a continuous solid phase containing dispersed gas
8 letter words containing g, o
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
- abingdon — a market town in S England, in Oxfordshire. Pop: 36 010 (2001)
- abington — urban township in SE Pa., near Philadelphia: pop. 56,000
- aborning — while being born, developed, or realized (esp in the phrase die aborning)
- abrogate — If someone in a position of authority abrogates something such as a law, agreement, or practice, they put an end to it.
9 letter words containing g, o
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abiogenic — not resulting from the activity of living organisms.
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- abounding — to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers: a stream in which trout abound.
10 letter words containing g, o
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abnegation — a giving up of rights, etc.; self-denial; renunciation
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abrogation — the act or an instance of abrogating, or repealing: abrogation of the treaty's responsibility.
11 letter words containing g, o
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abiological — not involving living organisms
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
12 letter words containing g, o
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
13 letter words containing g, o
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
14 letter words containing g, o
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
15 letter words containing g, o
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing g, o
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
17 letter words containing g, o
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
18 letter words containing g, o
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
19 letter words containing g, o
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words containing g, o
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
22 letter words containing g, o
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
On this page, we collect all words with G, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 36196 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains G, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.