Words containing g, a, d
3 letter words containing g, a, d
- dag — to cut the daglock away from (a sheep)
4 letter words containing g, a, d
5 letter words containing g, a, d
- adage — An adage is something which people often say and which expresses a general truth about some aspect of life.
- adige — a river in N Italy, flowing southeast to the Adriatic. Length: 354 km (220 miles)
- agada — the nonlegal or narrative material, as parables, maxims, or anecdotes, in the Talmud and other rabbinical literature, serving either to illustrate the meaning or purpose of the law, custom, or Biblical passage being discussed or to introduce a different, unrelated topic.
- agade — a city on the Euphrates in N Babylonia, the centre of a major empire and civilization (2360–2180 bc)
- algid — chilly or cold
6 letter words containing g, a, d
- adages — a traditional saying expressing a common experience or observation; proverb.
- adagio — Adagio written above a piece of music means that it should be played slowly.
- adding — an act or instance of addition
- adighe — Adygei.
- adjigo — a yam plant, Dioscorea hastifolia, native to SW Australia that has edible tubers
7 letter words containing g, a, d
- abiding — An abiding feeling, memory, or interest is one that you have for a very long time.
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- adagial — proverbial
- addling — mentally confused; muddled.
- adelgid — any of various homopterous insects of the family Adelgidae, as Adelges abietis (spruce gall aphid) and Pineus pinifoliae (pine leaf aphid) that feed and form galls on conifers.
8 letter words containing g, a, d
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
- abingdon — a market town in S England, in Oxfordshire. Pop: 36 010 (2001)
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- acceding — to give consent, approval, or adherence; agree; assent; to accede to a request; to accede to the terms of a contract.
- adapting — to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
9 letter words containing g, a, d
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- abounding — to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers: a stream in which trout abound.
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- abrogated — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- abuilding — in the process of being built or building
10 letter words containing g, a, d
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- acidogenic — producing acid, as bacteria, or causing acidity, as of the urine.
- adjourning — to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court.
11 letter words containing g, a, d
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
12 letter words containing g, a, d
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- acid-tongued — bitingly critical or sarcastic; sharp-tongued: a critic famous for his acid-tongued reviews.
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
13 letter words containing g, a, d
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- administering — to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
14 letter words containing g, a, d
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- administrating — to administer.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
15 letter words containing g, a, d
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- autoradiography — the technique or process of making autoradiographs.
- beta-adrenergic — pertaining to or involving beta receptors
16 letter words containing g, a, d
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
- chagas---disease — an infectious disease caused by the protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi, occurring chiefly in tropical America and characterized by irregular fever, palpable lymph nodes, and often heart damage.
- cloak-and-dagger — A cloak-and-dagger activity is one which involves mystery and secrecy.
- coleridge-taylor — Samuel. 1875–1912, British composer, best known for his trilogy of oratorios Song of Hiawatha (1898–1900)
17 letter words containing g, a, d
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
18 letter words containing g, a, d
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
19 letter words containing g, a, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
20 letter words containing g, a, d
- continuing-education — adult education.
21 letter words containing g, a, d
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
22 letter words containing g, a, d
23 letter words containing g, a, d
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
32 letter words containing g, a, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with G, A, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12595 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains G, A, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.