Words containing f, r, o, m
4 letter words containing f, r, o, m
5 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- foram — foraminifer.
- forme — form (def 30).
- forum — the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
- fromm — Erich [er-ik] /ˈɛr ɪk/ (Show IPA), 1900–80, U.S. psychoanalyst and author, born in Germany.
- fyrom — Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
6 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- biform — having or combining the characteristics of two forms, as a centaur
- corfam — a synthetic water-repellent material used as a substitute for shoe leather
- deform — If something deforms a person's body or something else, it causes it to have an unnatural shape. In technical English, you can also say that the second thing deforms.
- femora — Anatomy. a bone in the human leg extending from the pelvis to the knee, that is the longest, largest, and strongest in the body; thighbone.
- fermor — Sir Patrick (Michael) Leigh. 1915–2011, British traveller and author, noted esp for the travel books A Time of Gifts (1977) and Between the Woods and the Water (1986)
7 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- aciform — needle-shaped; sharp
- aliform — wing-shaped; alar
- arcform — noting a type of cargo-ship construction in which the sides have the form of arcs so drawn that the greatest breadth is at load waterline, the purpose being to promote the flow of water to the propeller with an easy bilge and without loss of capacity.
- ausform — to temper or deform steel in order to make it stronger and more durable
- by-form — a subsidiary or variant form
8 letter words containing f, r, o, m
9 letter words containing f, r, o, m
10 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- afrormosia — a hard teaklike wood obtained from tropical African trees of the leguminous genus Pericopsis
- amersfoort — a town in the central Netherlands, in E Utrecht province. Pop: 131 000 (2003 est)
- ausforming — a treatment to strengthen hard steels, prior to quenching, in which the specimen is plastically deformed while it is in the austenite temperature range
- baculiform — shaped like a rod
11 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- affirmation — the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
- anti-reform — the improvement or amendment of what is wrong, corrupt, unsatisfactory, etc.: social reform; spelling reform.
- bacilliform — shaped like a rod
12 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- amentiferous — bearing aments
- amygdaliform — almond-shaped.
13 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- afro-american — African-American
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- amplificatory — of the nature of enlargement or extension, as of a statement, narrative, etc.
- apoplectiform — of or resembling apoplexy or stroke.
14 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
- anticonformity — action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.
15 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
- continuous-form — of or relating to paper, blank forms, checks, etc., supplied in a folded stack or roll to a device, as a computer printer, generally with perforations between sheets for later separation and often with detachable punched edges used to advance the sheets through the device.
16 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
- cream-of-coconut — Also called cream of coconut. a creamy white liquid skimmed from the top of coconut milk that has been made by soaking grated coconut meat in water, used in East Indian cookery, mixed drinks, etc.
- follow-my-leader — a game in which the players must repeat the actions of the leader
17 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
- confirmation-bias — the tendency to process and analyze information in such a way that it supports one’s preexisting ideas and convictions: Confirmation bias is a major issue when we get all our news from social media sites. Unfortunately, their experimental method was proven invalid due to confirmation bias.
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
18 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
- middle-of-the-road — favoring, following, or characterized by an intermediate position between two extremes, especially in politics; moderate.
19 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
- most-favored-nation — of or relating to the status, treatment, terms, etc., that are embodied in or conferred by a most-favored-nation clause.
- mother-of-thousands — strawberry geranium.
20 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- the-comedy-of-errors — an early comedy (1594) by Shakespeare.
21 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- performance-enhancing — noting or relating to a drug or other substance used to improve one's performance in a sport or other activity requiring strength, stamina, etc.: The use of performance-enhancing steroids by athletes is banned.
- saint-maur-des-fosses — a town in N central France, near Paris, on the Marne River.
- tetrabromofluorescein — eosin (def 1).
22 letter words containing f, r, o, m
23 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- stream-of-consciousness — of, relating to, or characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences, syntactic structure, distinctions between various levels of reality, or the like: a stream-of-consciousness novel; a stream-of-consciousness technique.
25 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
26 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
32 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing f, r, o, m
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with F, R, O, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4683 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, R, O, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.