Words containing f, o, r, m, e
5 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- forme — form (def 30).
6 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- deform — If something deforms a person's body or something else, it causes it to have an unnatural shape. In technical English, you can also say that the second thing deforms.
- femora — Anatomy. a bone in the human leg extending from the pelvis to the knee, that is the longest, largest, and strongest in the body; thighbone.
- fermor — Sir Patrick (Michael) Leigh. 1915–2011, British traveller and author, noted esp for the travel books A Time of Gifts (1977) and Between the Woods and the Water (1986)
- foamer — a collection of minute bubbles formed on the surface of a liquid by agitation, fermentation, etc.: foam on a glass of beer.
- formed — external appearance of a clearly defined area, as distinguished from color or material; configuration: a triangular form.
7 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- -formed — made or grown in the specified manner or to the specified extent
- bedform — (geology) One of a series of hollows and ripples formed in the bed of a river by the flow of water.
- comfier — comfortable.
- comfrey — Comfrey is a herb that is used to make drinks and medicines.
- deiform — having the form or appearance of a god; sacred or divine
8 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
9 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
10 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- aforenamed — Named earlier in a document.
- amersfoort — a town in the central Netherlands, in E Utrecht province. Pop: 131 000 (2003 est)
- amoebiform — resembling, shaped, or changing in shape like an amoeba
- anseriform — (ornithology) Of or pertaining to birds of the family Anseriformes including ducks, geese, swans, and screamers.
- antireform — opposed to reform
11 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- afforcement — an increase in force or strength
- antenniform — shaped like an antenna
- anti-reform — the improvement or amendment of what is wrong, corrupt, unsatisfactory, etc.: social reform; spelling reform.
- asbestiform — having the look or structure of asbestos
- cafetoriums — Plural form of cafetorium.
12 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- amentiferous — bearing aments
- antireformer — One who opposes reform.
- campodeiform — resembling insects of the genus Campodea
13 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
14 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- antiforeignism — the policy or practice of showing hostility toward foreigners, foreign customs, etc.
- antimoniferous — Containing or producing antimony.
- circumferentor — an instrument that measures the circumference of a tyre
15 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- azobisformamide — (chemistry) azodicarbonamide.
- circumforaneous — moving around or abroad; roaming from place to place
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
16 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- autotransformers — Plural form of autotransformer.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- confederationism — The advocacy of confederation as a means of government.
- cream-of-coconut — Also called cream of coconut. a creamy white liquid skimmed from the top of coconut milk that has been made by soaking grated coconut meat in water, used in East Indian cookery, mixed drinks, etc.
17 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- defamiliarisation — (arts) The representation of objects anew, in a way that we do not recognize, or that changes our reading of them.
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
- immunofluorescent — Of, pertaining to, or using immunofluorescence.
18 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- commander-in-chief — A commander-in-chief is a senior officer who is in charge of all the forces in a particular area.
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- diaminofluorescein — (organic compound) A fluorescein into which two amino groups have been substituted.
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
19 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
- interferometrically — By means of interferometry.
- lymphoproliferation — (medicine) the excessive production of lymphocytes.
20 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hexafluoroantimonate — (inorganic chemistry) The anion SbF6- or any salt containing this anion; it is used as an acidic catalyst in epoxide opening reactions.
- the-comedy-of-errors — an early comedy (1594) by Shakespeare.
21 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- antiferromagnetically — In an antiferromagnetic manner.
- comfortably-furnished — containing comfortable furniture
- performance-enhancing — noting or relating to a drug or other substance used to improve one's performance in a sport or other activity requiring strength, stamina, etc.: The use of performance-enhancing steroids by athletes is banned.
- saint-maur-des-fosses — a town in N central France, near Paris, on the Marne River.
- tetrabromofluorescein — eosin (def 1).
22 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
23 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- stream-of-consciousness — of, relating to, or characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences, syntactic structure, distinctions between various levels of reality, or the like: a stream-of-consciousness novel; a stream-of-consciousness technique.
25 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
26 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
32 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing f, o, r, m, e
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with F, O, R, M, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3531 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, O, R, M, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.