Words containing f, l, e, c
4 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- clef — A clef is a symbol at the beginning of a line of music that indicates the pitch of the written notes.
5 letter words containing f, l, e, c
6 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- coffle — (esp formerly) a line of slaves, beasts, etc, fastened together
- facile — moving, acting, working, proceeding, etc., with ease, sometimes with superficiality: facile fingers; a facile mind.
- faecal — feces.
- fecula — fecal matter, especially of insects.
- felice — a female given name, form of Felicia.
7 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- aelfric — ("Ælfric Grammaticus"; "Ælfric the Grammarian") a.d. c955–c1020, English abbot and writer.
- careful — If you are careful, you give serious attention to what you are doing, in order to avoid harm, damage, or mistakes. If you are careful to do something, you make sure that you do it.
- chiefly — You use chiefly to indicate that a particular reason, emotion, method, or feature is the main or most important one.
- chifley — Joseph Benedict. 1885–1951, Australian statesman; prime minister of Australia (1945–49)
- chuffle — (of the larger species of cats) to make a low snuffling sound analogous to the purring of smaller cat species, often as a greeting.
8 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- alfresco — An alfresco activity, especially a meal, is one that takes place in the open air.
- aycliffe — a town in Co Durham: founded as a new town in 1947. Pop (including Newton Aycliffe): 25 655 (2001)
- backfile — the archives of a newspaper or magazine
- boldface — (of type) having this weight
- califate — the rank, jurisdiction, or government of a caliph.
9 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- afflicted — to distress with mental or bodily pain; trouble greatly or grievously: to be afflicted with arthritis.
- afflicter — a person who causes distress, torment, or affliction
- affluence — Affluence is the state of having a lot of money or a high standard of living.
- affluency — affluence (def 2).
- afterclap — an unexpected, usually unwanted, repercussion of or sequel to an affair which had been thought to be closed
10 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
- afflictive — causing pain or misery
- bald-faced — barefaced (def 2).
11 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
- aftercooler — a device for cooling compressed air or gases to reduce their volume or temperature.
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
12 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- alcohol-free — (of beer or wine) containing only a trace of alcohol
- anglo-french — of or relating to England and France
- beaconsfield — a town in SE England, in Buckinghamshire. Pop: 12 292 (2001)
- beatifically — bestowing bliss, blessings, happiness, or the like: beatific peace.
13 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- apoplectiform — of or resembling apoplexy or stroke.
- artificialize — to render artificial
14 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- artificialness — the condition of being non-natural, unnatural or spurious
- beneficialness — the state of being beneficial
- centrifugalize — to subject (something) to centrifugal motion
- coffee-colored — having the medium-brown color of coffee mixed with cream or milk; moderately brown.
15 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
16 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- coreferentiality — (of two words or phrases) having reference to the same person or thing.
- cost-efficiently — cost-effective.
- counterfactually — a conditional statement the first clause of which expresses something contrary to fact, as “If I had known.”.
17 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- denial-of-service — pertaining to or being an incident in which a computer or computer network is disabled, disrupting access or service: a website hit by a denial-of-service attack; unintentional denial-of-service problems.
- female-chauvinist — a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory.
- interconfessional — common to or occurring between churches having different confessions.
18 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- cycle-of-indiction — a proclamation made every 15 years in the later Roman Empire, fixing the valuation of property to be used as a basis for taxation.
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
- jack-of-all-trades — a person who is adept at many different kinds of work.
- self-actualization — the achievement of one's full potential through creativity, independence, spontaneity, and a grasp of the real world.
- self-certification — statement of sick leave
19 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- non-confidentiality — spoken, written, acted on, etc., in strict privacy or secrecy; secret: a confidential remark.
- phacoemulsification — the removal of a cataract by first liquefying the affected lens with ultrasonic vibrations and then extracting it by suction.
- phakoemulsification — the removal of a cataract by first liquefying the affected lens with ultrasonic vibrations and then extracting it by suction.
20 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- self-characterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
22 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
32 letter words containing f, l, e, c
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, L, E, C. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5149 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, L, E, C that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.