Words containing f, l, a, t
4 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- flat — horizontally level: a flat roof.
5 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- aloft — Something that is aloft is in the air or off the ground.
- fatal — causing or capable of causing death; mortal; deadly: a fatal accident; a fatal dose of poison.
- fatly — in the manner of a fat person; ponderously.
- fault — a defect or imperfection; flaw; failing: a fault in the brakes; a fault in one's character.
- fetal — of, relating to, or having the character of a fetus.
6 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- afloat — If someone or something is afloat, they remain partly above the surface of water and do not sink.
- artful — If you describe someone as artful, you mean that they are clever and skilful at achieving what they want, especially by deceiving people.
- daftly — senseless, stupid, or foolish.
- falter — to hesitate or waver in action, purpose, intent, etc.; give way: Her courage did not falter at the prospect of hardship.
- fastly — Securely.
7 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- afflict — If you are afflicted by pain, illness, or disaster, it affects you badly and makes you suffer.
- afslaet — Associate Fellow of the Society of Licensed Aircraft Engineers and Technologists
- airlift — An airlift is an operation to move people, troops, or goods by air, especially in a war or when land routes are closed.
- altdorf — a town in central Switzerland, capital of Uri canton: setting of the William Tell legend. Pop: 8541 (2000)
- batfowl — to catch birds by temporarily blinding them with light
8 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- afflated — resulting from influence of someone or something
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
- affluent — If you are affluent, you have a lot of money.
- aflutter — in or into a nervous or excited state
- antilife — opposed to living in harmony with the natural order
9 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- affiliate — An affiliate is an organization which is officially connected with another, larger organization or is a member of it.
- afflicted — to distress with mental or bodily pain; trouble greatly or grievously: to be afflicted with arthritis.
- afflicter — a person who causes distress, torment, or affliction
- aflatoxin — a toxin produced by the fungus Aspergillus flavus growing on peanuts, maize, etc, causing liver disease (esp cancer) in man
- afterclap — an unexpected, usually unwanted, repercussion of or sequel to an affair which had been thought to be closed
10 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- affability — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
- affiliated — If an organization is affiliated with another larger organization, it is officially connected with the larger organization or is a member of it.
11 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
- affluential — an affluent person who does not display his or her wealth in the form of material possessions
12 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- artificially — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- baffle-plate — a plate used as a baffle.
- beatifically — bestowing bliss, blessings, happiness, or the like: beatific peace.
13 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
14 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
15 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
16 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- coreferentiality — (of two words or phrases) having reference to the same person or thing.
17 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
18 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
19 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
29 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing f, l, a, t
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, L, A, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7427 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, L, A, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.