Words containing f, i, s
4 letter words containing f, i, s
- afis — Automated Fingerprint Identification System: a computer system that scans fingerprints from crime scenes and compares them with millions of others around the world
- efis — electronic flight information systems
- fils — a coin and monetary unit of Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, and the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen, the 100th part of a dinar.
- fisc — a royal or state treasury; exchequer.
- fish — (loosely) any of various other aquatic animals.
5 letter words containing f, i, s
- farsi — the modern Iranian language of Iran and western Afghanistan, written in the Arabic alphabet; modern Persian.
- feist — Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a small mongrel dog, especially one that is ill-tempered; cur; mutt.
- felis — a genus of mostly small cats, including the domestic cat, margay, puma, and ocelot, sharing with certain cats of related genera an inability to roar due to ossification of the hyoid bone in the larynx.
- fices — Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a small mongrel dog, especially one that is ill-tempered; cur; mutt.
- ficus — any of numerous chiefly tropical trees, shrubs, and vines belonging to the genus Ficus, of the mulberry family, having milky sap and large, thick or stiff leaves, including the edible fig, the banyan, and many species grown as ornamentals.
6 letter words containing f, i, s
- basify — to make basic
- briefs — men's underpants or women's pants without legs
- defies — to challenge the power of; resist boldly or openly: to defy parental authority.
- facies — general appearance, as of an animal or vegetable group.
- faints — a temporary loss of consciousness resulting from a decreased flow of blood to the brain; a swoon: to fall into a faint.
7 letter words containing f, i, s
- affairs — personal or business interests
- affixes — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
- afrasia — N Africa and SW Asia considered together.
- alfisol — a fertile soil of humid regions that occurs worldwide, especially where native broadleaf forests were established, and is highly productive for agriculture.
- baffies — slippers
8 letter words containing f, i, s
- affusion — the baptizing of a person by pouring water onto his head
- afrasian — of Afrasia.
- anfinsen — Christian Boehmer. 1916–95, US biochemist, noted for his research on the structure of enzymes. Nobel prize for chemistry 1972
- asfetida — asafetida.
- backfist — a karate punch with the back of a clenched hand.
9 letter words containing f, i, s
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- aforesaid — Aforesaid means the same as aforementioned.
- afrikaans — Afrikaans is one of the official languages of South Africa.
- amberfish — amberjack.
- angelfish — any of various small tropical marine percoid fishes of the genus Pomacanthus and related genera, which have a deep flattened brightly coloured body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
10 letter words containing f, i, s
- aeriferous — conveying air, as the bronchial tubes.
- affinities — a natural liking for or attraction to a person, thing, idea, etc.
- africanism — something characteristic of Africa or Africans, esp a characteristic feature of an African language when introduced into a non-African language
- africanist — a person specializing in the study of African affairs or culture
- afro-asian — of or relating to both Africa and Asia, esp as part of the Third World
11 letter words containing f, i, s
- affranchise — to release from servitude or an obligation
- afghanistan — a republic in central Asia: became independent in 1919; occupied by Soviet troops, 1979–89; controlled by mujaheddin forces from 1992 until 1996 when Taliban forces seized power; in the US-led 'war on terror' (2001) the Taliban were overthrown although their insurgency continues; generally arid and mountainous, with the Hindu Kush range rising over 7500 m (25 000 ft) and fertile valleys of the Amu Darya, Helmand, and Kabul Rivers. Official languages: Pashto and Dari (Persian), Tajik also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: afghani. Capital: Kabul. Pop: 31 108 077 (2013 est). Area: 657 500 sq km (250 000 sq miles)
- afroasiatic — designating or of a family of African and Asian languages generally divided into the branches Berber, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, and ancient Egyptian
- antifascist — opposed to fascism
- aquafitness — a keep-fit regime in which exercises are performed standing up in a swimming pool
12 letter words containing f, i, s
- africanness' — Also, Africa. of or from Africa; belonging to the black peoples of Africa.
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
13 letter words containing f, i, s
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
14 letter words containing f, i, s
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
15 letter words containing f, i, s
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
16 letter words containing f, i, s
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
17 letter words containing f, i, s
18 letter words containing f, i, s
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
19 letter words containing f, i, s
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
20 letter words containing f, i, s
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
23 letter words containing f, i, s
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with F, I, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12500 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, I, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.