Words containing f, i, n, a, l
5 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- final — pertaining to or coming at the end; last in place, order, or time: the final meeting of the year.
6 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- finale — the last piece, division, or movement of a concert, opera, or composition.
- finals — pertaining to or coming at the end; last in place, order, or time: the final meeting of the year.
- finial — Architecture. a relatively small, ornamental, terminal feature at the top of a gable, pinnacle, etc.
- finlay — Carlos Juan [kahr-lohs wahn] /ˈkɑr loʊs wɑn/ (Show IPA), 1833–1915, U.S. physician, born in Cuba: first to suggest mosquito as carrier of yellow fever.
- flavin — a complex heterocyclic ketone that is common to the nonprotein part of several important yellow enzymes, the flavoproteins.
7 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- affinal — joined or connected by marriage
- anglify — to Anglicize
- cofinal — of or relating to a subset of a set with a partial order relation, as “greater than” or “equal to,” in which corresponding to each element in the set is an element in the subset that is in relation to the given element.
- failing — Slang. an embarrassing or humorous mistake, humiliating situation, etc., that is subject to ridicule and given an exaggerated importance: Their app update is a massive fail. the condition or quality resulting from having failed in this way: His online post is full of fail. a person who fails in this way.
- faintly — lacking brightness, vividness, clearness, loudness, strength, etc.: a faint light; a faint color; a faint sound.
8 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- antilife — opposed to living in harmony with the natural order
- baffling — impossible to understand; perplexing; bewildering; puzzling
- bandfile — to file with a file band on a band mill or band saw.
- blackfin — a type of tuna, Thunnus atlanticus
- calfskin — Calfskin shoes and clothing are made from the skin of a calf.
9 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- aflatoxin — a toxin produced by the fungus Aspergillus flavus growing on peanuts, maize, etc, causing liver disease (esp cancer) in man
- angelfish — any of various small tropical marine percoid fishes of the genus Pomacanthus and related genera, which have a deep flattened brightly coloured body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
- anglified — (sometimes lowercase) to Anglicize.
- bufotalin — the principal poisonous substance in the skin and saliva of the common European toad
- chainfall — a hand-powered hoist consisting of chains working on the pulley principle, used to lift and manoeuvre large heavy objects
10 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- afflicting — deeply distressing; painful
- affliction — An affliction is something which causes physical or mental suffering.
- anglerfish — a bony fish with a growth on its head which can be wiggled to attract prey
- antifungal — inhibiting the growth of fungi
- bafflingly — to confuse, bewilder, or perplex: He was baffled by the technical language of the instructions.
11 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
- affirmingly — in an affirming or asserting manner
- affluential — an affluent person who does not display his or her wealth in the form of material possessions
12 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- anguilliform — having the shape or form of an eel
- beaconsfield — a town in SE England, in Buckinghamshire. Pop: 12 292 (2001)
- beneficially — conferring benefit; advantageous; helpful: the beneficial effect of sunshine.
- bifunctional — having two functions
- bioflavonoid — any of a group of biologically active flavone compounds that may help maintain the blood's capillary walls, reducing the likelihood of hemorrhaging: widely found in plants, esp. citrus fruits
13 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- amplification — the act or result of amplifying
- antifertility — acting to suppress fertility or as a contraceptive
- antireflexive — noting a relation in which no element is in relation to itself, as “less than.”.
14 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
15 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
- circumferential — of, at, or near the circumference; surrounding; lying along the outskirts.
16 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- coreferentiality — (of two words or phrases) having reference to the same person or thing.
- declassification — to remove the classification from (information, a document, etc.) that restricts access in terms of secrecy, confidentiality, etc. Compare classification (def 5).
17 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
18 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
19 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- ladies-of-the-night — plural of lady-of-the-night.
20 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- llanfairpwllgwyngyll — a village in NW Wales, in SE Anglesey: reputed to be the longest place name in Great Britain when unabbreviated; means: St Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near the rapid whirlpool of Llandysilio of the red cave
- self-differentiating — to form or mark differently from other such things; distinguish.
21 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
22 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
23 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
27 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
29 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing f, i, n, a, l
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, I, N, A, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5085 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, I, N, A, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.