Words containing f, e, r, t, i
6 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- bifter — a cannabis cigarette
- ferity — a wild, untamed, or uncultivated state.
- filter — any substance, as cloth, paper, porous porcelain, or a layer of charcoal or sand, through which liquid or gas is passed to remove suspended impurities or to recover solids.
- fitter — the manner in which a thing fits: The fit was perfect.
- frites — chipped potatoes
7 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- certify — If someone in an official position certifies something, they officially state that it is true.
- drifter — a person or thing that drifts.
- fainter — lacking brightness, vividness, clearness, loudness, strength, etc.: a faint light; a faint color; a faint sound.
- fairest — free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.
- ferrite — Chemistry. a compound, as NaFeO 2 , formed when ferric oxide is combined with a more basic metallic oxide.
8 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- aperitif — An aperitif is an alcoholic drink that you have before a meal.
- artifice — Artifice is the clever use of tricks and devices.
- biforate — having two openings, pores, or perforations
- briefest — lasting or taking a short time; of short duration: a brief walk; a brief stay in the country.
- driftage — the action or an amount of drifting.
9 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- affixture — an affixing or being affixed
- afflicter — a person who causes distress, torment, or affliction
- affreight — to charter (a ship) as a freight carrier.
- affricate — a composite speech sound consisting of a stop and a fricative articulated at the same point, such as the sound written ch, as in chair
- aforetime — formerly
10 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- affrighted — to frighten.
- affrontive — characterized by a propensity to cause offence
- afterbirth — the placenta and fetal membranes expelled from the uterus after the birth of the offspring
- afterbrain — metencephalon (sense 1)
- afterimage — a sustained or renewed sensation, esp visual, after the original stimulus has ceased
11 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- affirmative — An affirmative word or gesture indicates that you agree with what someone has said or that the answer to a question is 'yes'.
- affricative — of, relating to, or denoting an affricate
- afrocentric — centered on, emphasizing, or showing the influence of African or, sometimes, African-American history and culture
- anti-reform — the improvement or amendment of what is wrong, corrupt, unsatisfactory, etc.: social reform; spelling reform.
- antifebrile — reducing fever; antipyretic
12 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- after-dinner — immediately following dinner: an after-dinner speech.
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
- amentiferous — bearing aments
13 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
14 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
15 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- butter-fingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
16 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
17 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
18 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
19 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- fighter-interceptor — a fighter plane used for the defense of a region against air attack, especially by attacking bombers.
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
20 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
25 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
27 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
32 letter words containing f, e, r, t, i
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, E, R, T, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7421 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, E, R, T, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.