Words containing f, e, r, t
5 letter words containing f, e, r, t
6 letter words containing f, e, r, t
7 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- belfort — a fortress town in E France: strategically situated in the Belfort Gap between the Vosges and the Jura mountains. Pop: 50 417 (1999)
- certify — If someone in an official position certifies something, they officially state that it is true.
- crafted — an art, trade, or occupation requiring special skill, especially manual skill: the craft of a mason.
- crofter — In Scotland, a crofter is a person who lives on a croft or small farm.
- defrost — When you defrost frozen food or when it defrosts, you allow or cause it to become unfrozen so that you can eat it or cook it.
8 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- afferent — bringing or directing inwards to a part or an organ of the body, esp towards the brain or spinal cord
- afforest — to plant trees on; convert into forested land
- aflutter — in or into a nervous or excited state
- aftersun — a moisturizing lotion applied to the skin to soothe sunburn and avoid peeling
- aftertax — remaining after applicable taxes have been deducted: a sharp decrease in her aftertax income.
9 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- affixture — an affixing or being affixed
- afflicter — a person who causes distress, torment, or affliction
- affreight — to charter (a ship) as a freight carrier.
10 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- affrighted — to frighten.
- affrontive — characterized by a propensity to cause offence
- afterbirth — the placenta and fetal membranes expelled from the uterus after the birth of the offspring
- afterbrain — metencephalon (sense 1)
- afterguard — a sailor or group of sailors stationed on the poop to attend to the aft sails
11 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- affirmative — An affirmative word or gesture indicates that you agree with what someone has said or that the answer to a question is 'yes'.
- affricative — of, relating to, or denoting an affricate
- afrocentric — centered on, emphasizing, or showing the influence of African or, sometimes, African-American history and culture
- after-hours — You use after-hours to describe activities which happen after the end of the usual time for them.
- after-party — a usually exclusive party that takes place after a performance or other event or after the main party: The screening of the premiere was followed by an afterparty.
12 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- after-dinner — immediately following dinner: an after-dinner speech.
13 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
14 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- aftertreatment — a method or device for reducing harmful emissions from internal-combustion engines before they are released into the atmosphere, for example a filter or a catalytic converter
15 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- butter-fingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
16 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
17 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
18 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
19 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
32 letter words containing f, e, r, t
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, E, R, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11380 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, E, R, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.