Words containing f, e, r, o
4 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- fore — situated at or toward the front, as compared with something else.
5 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- afore — before
- fetor — a strong, offensive smell; stench.
- force — physical power or strength possessed by a living being: He used all his force in opening the window.
- forde — Frank, full name Francis Michael Forde. 1890–1983, Australian politician; prime minister of Australia for eight days (1945)
- fore- — before in time or rank
6 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- before — If something happens before a particular date, time, or event, it happens earlier than that date, time, or event.
- coffer — A coffer is a large strong chest used for storing valuable objects such as money or gold and silver.
- confer — When you confer with someone, you discuss something with them in order to make a decision. You can also say that two people confer.
- deform — If something deforms a person's body or something else, it causes it to have an unnatural shape. In technical English, you can also say that the second thing deforms.
- doffer — a person or thing that doffs.
7 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- bedford — a town in SE central England, in Bedfordshire, on the River Ouse; administrative centre of Bedford unitary authority. Pop: 82 488 (2001)
- belfort — a fortress town in E France: strategically situated in the Belfort Gap between the Vosges and the Jura mountains. Pop: 50 417 (1999)
- bonfire — A bonfire is a fire that is made outdoors, usually to burn rubbish. Bonfires are also sometimes lit as part of a celebration.
- coffers — a store of money
- comfier — comfortable.
8 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- aeriform — having the form of air; gaseous
- aerofoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- afforded — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- afforest — to plant trees on; convert into forested land
- alfresco — An alfresco activity, especially a meal, is one that takes place in the open air.
9 letter words containing f, e, r, o
10 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- aeriferous — conveying air, as the bronchial tubes.
- affordable — If something is affordable, most people have enough money to buy it.
- affrontive — characterized by a propensity to cause offence
- afterhours — occurring, engaged in, or operating after the normal or legal closing time for business: an after-hours drinking club.
- afternoons — during the afternoon, esp regularly
11 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- afrocentric — centered on, emphasizing, or showing the influence of African or, sometimes, African-American history and culture
- after-hours — You use after-hours to describe activities which happen after the end of the usual time for them.
- aftercooler — a device for cooling compressed air or gases to reduce their volume or temperature.
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
- afternoon's — the time from noon until evening.
12 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
13 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- afro-american — African-American
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
14 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
15 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- cholecalciferol — a compound occurring naturally in fish-liver oils, used to treat rickets. Formula: C27H44O
16 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
17 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
18 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- de-differentiation — a process by which structures or behaviors that were specialized for a specific function lose their specialization and become simplified or generalized.
19 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
32 letter words containing f, e, r, o
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, E, R, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12029 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, E, R, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.