Words containing f, e, m
4 letter words containing f, e, m
- fame — widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character; renown; public eminence: to seek fame as an opera singer.
- fem. — fem. is a written abbreviation for female or , feminine.
- fema — Federal Emergency Management Agency: a federal agency that coordinates the response to disasters in the U.S.
- feme — a woman or wife.
- flem — of or relating to Flanders, its people, or their language.
5 letter words containing f, e, m
- famed — very well known and, often, highly regarded; famous.
- fames — widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character; renown; public eminence: to seek fame as an opera singer.
- femer — feminine.
- femes — a woman or wife.
- femic — of or relating to a group of rock-forming minerals in which iron and magnesium are essential components.
6 letter words containing f, e, m
- aflame — If something is on fire, you can say it is aflame.
- afscme — American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
- defame — If someone defames another person or thing, they say bad and untrue things about them.
- deform — If something deforms a person's body or something else, it causes it to have an unnatural shape. In technical English, you can also say that the second thing deforms.
- famine — extreme and general scarcity of food, as in a country or a large geographical area.
7 letter words containing f, e, m
8 letter words containing f, e, m
- aeriform — having the form of air; gaseous
- affirmed — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
- afikomen — a piece of matzo broken off from the center one of the three matzoth set before the leader of a Seder: it is hidden by the leader and later searched for by the children, with the finder, usually the youngest, receiving a reward.
- airframe — the body of an aircraft, excluding its engines
- bedframe — the framework of a bed
9 letter words containing f, e, m
- affixment — the act of attaching or affixing
- aforetime — formerly
- afterdamp — a poisonous mixture of gases containing carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen formed after the explosion of firedamp in coal mines
- aftermath — The aftermath of an important event, especially a harmful one, is the situation that results from it.
- aftermost — closer or closest to the rear or (in a vessel) the stern; last
10 letter words containing f, e, m
- affirmance — a verification, confirmation, or affirmation
- afterimage — a sustained or renewed sensation, esp visual, after the original stimulus has ceased
- amersfoort — a town in the central Netherlands, in E Utrecht province. Pop: 131 000 (2003 est)
- bafflement — Bafflement is the state of being baffled.
- beefmaster — one of a breed of fast-growing beef cattle of the western U.S., tolerant of humidity, heat, and insects, developed by crossbreeding Brahman, Hereford, and Shorthorn stock.
11 letter words containing f, e, m
- affirmative — An affirmative word or gesture indicates that you agree with what someone has said or that the answer to a question is 'yes'.
- aftermarket — The aftermarket is all the related products that are sold after an item, especially a car, has been bought.
- anti-reform — the improvement or amendment of what is wrong, corrupt, unsatisfactory, etc.: social reform; spelling reform.
- bumble-foot — an inflammatory condition of the feet of birds, usually caused by an infection
- ceftazidime — A third-generation cephalosporin antibiotic, usually reserved for the treatment of infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
12 letter words containing f, e, m
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- amentiferous — bearing aments
- antifeminism — the opposition to feminism
13 letter words containing f, e, m
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
- afro-american — African-American
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
14 letter words containing f, e, m
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- aftertreatment — a method or device for reducing harmful emissions from internal-combustion engines before they are released into the atmosphere, for example a filter or a catalytic converter
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- antiforeignism — the policy or practice of showing hostility toward foreigners, foreign customs, etc.
15 letter words containing f, e, m
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- circumferential — of, at, or near the circumference; surrounding; lying along the outskirts.
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
16 letter words containing f, e, m
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- cream-of-coconut — Also called cream of coconut. a creamy white liquid skimmed from the top of coconut milk that has been made by soaking grated coconut meat in water, used in East Indian cookery, mixed drinks, etc.
- disfranchisement — to deprive (a person) of a right of citizenship, as of the right to vote.
17 letter words containing f, e, m
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
18 letter words containing f, e, m
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
19 letter words containing f, e, m
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
20 letter words containing f, e, m
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
22 letter words containing f, e, m
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, e, m
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing f, e, m
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing f, e, m
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
32 letter words containing f, e, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, E, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6786 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, E, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.