Words containing f, a, u
4 letter words containing f, a, u
- faun — one of a class of rural deities represented as men with the ears, horns, tail, and later also the hind legs of a goat.
- faux — artificial or imitation; fake: a brooch with faux pearls.
- frau — a married woman; a wife.
- fula — Fulani.
- fupa — a wide area of protruding fat in the upper pubic region.
5 letter words containing f, a, u
- acuff — Roy1903-92; U.S. composer & country music singer
- afoul — in or into a state of difficulty, confusion, or conflict (with)
- alfur — a member of an aboriginal people of eastern Indonesia, especially of the Moluccas, whose features show both Malayan and Papuan characteristics.
- awful — If you say that someone or something is awful, you dislike that person or thing or you think that they are not very good.
- buffa — a comedic actress or clown in an opera
6 letter words containing f, a, u
7 letter words containing f, a, u
- aquifer — In geology, an aquifer is an area of rock underneath the surface of the earth which absorbs and holds water.
- ausform — to temper or deform steel in order to make it stronger and more durable
- awfully — in an unpleasant, bad, or reprehensible manner
- baleful — Baleful means harmful, or expressing harmful intentions.
- balfour — Arthur James, 1st Earl of Balfour. 1848–1930, British Conservative statesman: prime minister (1902–05); foreign secretary (1916–19)
8 letter words containing f, a, u
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
- affluent — If you are affluent, you have a lot of money.
- affusion — the baptizing of a person by pouring water onto his head
- aflutter — in or into a nervous or excited state
- aftersun — a moisturizing lotion applied to the skin to soothe sunburn and avoid peeling
9 letter words containing f, a, u
- affixture — an affixing or being affixed
- affluence — Affluence is the state of having a lot of money or a high standard of living.
- affluency — affluence (def 2).
- affluenza — the guilt or lack of motivation experienced by people who have made or inherited large amounts of money
- after-run — the continued running of an internal-combustion engine after the ignition is switched off: Heavy carbon buildup can cause annoying engine after-run.
10 letter words containing f, a, u
11 letter words containing f, a, u
- affluential — an affluent person who does not display his or her wealth in the form of material possessions
- after-hours — You use after-hours to describe activities which happen after the end of the usual time for them.
- afterburner — a device in the exhaust system of an internal-combustion engine for removing or rendering harmless potentially dangerous components in the exhaust gases
- anfractuous — characterized by twists and turns; convoluted
- antifouling — (of a paint or other coating) inhibiting the growth of barnacles and other marine organisms on a ship's bottom
12 letter words containing f, a, u
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
- afterthought — If you do or say something as an afterthought, you do or say it after something else as an addition, perhaps without careful thought.
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
13 letter words containing f, a, u
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- anfractuosity — the condition or quality of being anfractuous
- anti-freudian — of or relating to Sigmund Freud or his doctrines, especially with respect to the causes and treatment of neurotic and psychopathic states, the interpretation of dreams, etc.
- antisudorific — an antiperspirant.
14 letter words containing f, a, u
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- artifactitious — of, relating to, or of the nature of an artifact, or a man-made object that carries cultural significance.
- beautification — Making beautiful, beautifying, improving the appearance of something.
15 letter words containing f, a, u
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- circumferential — of, at, or near the circumference; surrounding; lying along the outskirts.
16 letter words containing f, a, u
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- cause-and-effect — noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
- counterfactually — a conditional statement the first clause of which expresses something contrary to fact, as “If I had known.”.
17 letter words containing f, a, u
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- court-of-chancery — chancery (def 4a).
- female-chauvinist — a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory.
- flower-of-an-hour — a malvaceous Old World herbaceous plant, Hibiscus trionum, having pale yellow flowers with a bladder-like calyx
- fluvioterrestrial — (of animals) able to live in rivers and on land
18 letter words containing f, a, u
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
19 letter words containing f, a, u
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
20 letter words containing f, a, u
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing f, a, u
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, a, u
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, a, u
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
29 letter words containing f, a, u
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing f, a, u
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7009 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.