Words containing f, a, m
3 letter words containing f, a, m
4 letter words containing f, a, m
- fame — widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character; renown; public eminence: to seek fame as an opera singer.
- farm — processor farm
- fema — Federal Emergency Management Agency: a federal agency that coordinates the response to disasters in the U.S.
- flam — a drumbeat consisting of two notes in quick succession, with the accent on the second.
- foam — a collection of minute bubbles formed on the surface of a liquid by agitation, fermentation, etc.: foam on a glass of beer.
5 letter words containing f, a, m
- am/fm — (of a radio) able to receive both AM and FM stations.
- famed — very well known and, often, highly regarded; famous.
- fames — widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character; renown; public eminence: to seek fame as an opera singer.
- fayum — a province in N central Egypt: many archaeological remains. 691 sq. mi. (1790 sq. km).
- flame — burning gas or vapor, as from wood or coal, that is undergoing combustion; a portion of ignited gas or vapor.
6 letter words containing f, a, m
- affirm — If you affirm that something is true or that something exists, you state firmly and publicly that it is true or exists.
- aflame — If something is on fire, you can say it is aflame.
- afscme — American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
- aimful — possessing purpose or aim
- amalfi — a town in Italy: a major Mediterranean port from the 10th to the 18th century, now a resort
7 letter words containing f, a, m
8 letter words containing f, a, m
- aeriform — having the form of air; gaseous
- affirmed — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
- afikomen — a piece of matzo broken off from the center one of the three matzoth set before the leader of a Seder: it is hidden by the leader and later searched for by the children, with the finder, usually the youngest, receiving a reward.
- aimfully — in an aimful manner
- airframe — the body of an aircraft, excluding its engines
9 letter words containing f, a, m
10 letter words containing f, a, m
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- affirmance — a verification, confirmation, or affirmation
- africanism — something characteristic of Africa or Africans, esp a characteristic feature of an African language when introduced into a non-African language
- afrormosia — a hard teaklike wood obtained from tropical African trees of the leguminous genus Pericopsis
- afterimage — a sustained or renewed sensation, esp visual, after the original stimulus has ceased
11 letter words containing f, a, m
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- affirmation — the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
- affirmative — An affirmative word or gesture indicates that you agree with what someone has said or that the answer to a question is 'yes'.
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
- affirmingly — in an affirming or asserting manner
12 letter words containing f, a, m
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- aircraftsman — a person holding the rank of noncommissioned officer in the RAF.
13 letter words containing f, a, m
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
- afro-american — African-American
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
14 letter words containing f, a, m
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- aftertreatment — a method or device for reducing harmful emissions from internal-combustion engines before they are released into the atmosphere, for example a filter or a catalytic converter
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- ammonification — infusion with ammonia or ammonium compounds
15 letter words containing f, a, m
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- circumferential — of, at, or near the circumference; surrounding; lying along the outskirts.
16 letter words containing f, a, m
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- biomagnification — biological magnification.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
17 letter words containing f, a, m
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
18 letter words containing f, a, m
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
19 letter words containing f, a, m
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
20 letter words containing f, a, m
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
22 letter words containing f, a, m
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, a, m
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing f, a, m
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing f, a, m
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
32 letter words containing f, a, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6328 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.