Words containing f, a, l, t, e
5 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- fetal — of, relating to, or having the character of a fetus.
6 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- falter — to hesitate or waver in action, purpose, intent, etc.; give way: Her courage did not falter at the prospect of hardship.
- fealty — History/Historical. fidelity to a lord. the obligation or the engagement to be faithful to a lord, usually sworn to by a vassal.
- featly — suitably; appropriately.
- festal — pertaining to or befitting a feast, festival, holiday, or gala occasion.
- fetial — concerned with declarations of war and treaties of peace: fetial law.
7 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- afslaet — Associate Fellow of the Society of Licensed Aircraft Engineers and Technologists
- belfast — the capital of Northern Ireland, a port on Belfast Lough in Belfast district, Co Antrim and Co Down: became the centre of Irish Protestantism and of the linen industry in the 17th century; seat of the Northern Ireland assembly and executive. Pop: 281 000 (2011 est)
- default — If a person, company, or country defaults on something that they have legally agreed to do, such as paying some money or doing a piece of work before a particular time, they fail to do it.
- deflate — If you deflate someone or something, you take away their confidence or make them seem less important.
- falcate — curved like a scythe or sickle; hooked; falciform.
8 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
9 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- affiliate — An affiliate is an organization which is officially connected with another, larger organization or is a member of it.
- afflicted — to distress with mental or bodily pain; trouble greatly or grievously: to be afflicted with arthritis.
- afflicter — a person who causes distress, torment, or affliction
- afterclap — an unexpected, usually unwanted, repercussion of or sequel to an affair which had been thought to be closed
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
10 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
- affiliated — If an organization is affiliated with another larger organization, it is officially connected with the larger organization or is a member of it.
- afflictive — causing pain or misery
11 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
- affluential — an affluent person who does not display his or her wealth in the form of material possessions
- aftercooler — a device for cooling compressed air or gases to reduce their volume or temperature.
12 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- baffle-plate — a plate used as a baffle.
- beatifically — bestowing bliss, blessings, happiness, or the like: beatific peace.
- biflagellate — having two flagella
13 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- antifertility — acting to suppress fertility or as a contraceptive
14 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
- artificialness — the condition of being non-natural, unnatural or spurious
15 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
16 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- coreferentiality — (of two words or phrases) having reference to the same person or thing.
17 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
18 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
- jack-of-all-trades — a person who is adept at many different kinds of work.
19 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- self-differentiating — to form or mark differently from other such things; distinguish.
21 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- self-characterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
22 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
23 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- polytetrafluoroethylene — any polymer, plastic, or resin having the formula (C 2 F 4) n , prepared from tetrafluoroethylene, noted for its slippery, nonsticking properties, and used in the manufacture of gaskets, electrical insulation, tubing, candy molds, container linings, frying-pan coatings, etc.
24 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
27 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
32 letter words containing f, a, l, t, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, L, T, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5717 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, L, T, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.