Words containing f, a, i, t
4 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- fiat — an authoritative decree, sanction, or order: a royal fiat. Synonyms: authorization, directive, ruling, mandate, diktat, ukase.
5 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- afrit — afreet
- faint — lacking brightness, vividness, clearness, loudness, strength, etc.: a faint light; a faint color; a faint sound.
- faith — a female given name.
- fanti — a Kwa language spoken in Ghana that is mutually intelligible with Twi.
- fitna — Unrest or rebellion, especially against a rightful ruler.
6 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- adrift — If a boat is adrift, it is floating on the water and is not tied to anything or controlled by anyone.
- faints — a temporary loss of consciousness resulting from a decreased flow of blood to the brain; a swoon: to fall into a faint.
- fainty — feeling faint; about to lose consciousness.
- fajita — a thin strip of marinated and grilled meat.
- fastie — a deceitful act
7 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- affiant — a person who makes an affidavit
- afflict — If you are afflicted by pain, illness, or disaster, it affects you badly and makes you suffer.
- airlift — An airlift is an operation to move people, troops, or goods by air, especially in a war or when land routes are closed.
- antefix — a carved ornament at the eaves of a roof to hide the joint between the tiles
8 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- affinity — If you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them or that you know and understand them very well.
- affright — to frighten
- aircraft — An aircraft is a vehicle which can fly, for example an aeroplane or a helicopter.
- antilife — opposed to living in harmony with the natural order
- aperitif — An aperitif is an alcoholic drink that you have before a meal.
9 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
- affective — relating to affects
- affidavit — An affidavit is a written statement which you swear is true and which may be used as evidence in a court of law.
10 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- affability — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- affiliated — If an organization is affiliated with another larger organization, it is officially connected with the larger organization or is a member of it.
- affinities — a natural liking for or attraction to a person, thing, idea, etc.
- affinitive — characterized by affinity; closely related or associated.
11 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
- affectivity — of, caused by, or expressing emotion or feeling; emotional.
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
12 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
13 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
14 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
16 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
17 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
19 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
29 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing f, a, i, t
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, I, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9418 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, I, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.