Words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
6 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
7 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- faileth — (archaic) Third-person singular present simple form of 'fail'.
- fatlike — Resembling fat (the chemical substance) or some aspect of it.
- filiate — Law. to determine judicially the paternity of, as a child born out of wedlock. Compare affiliate (def 5).
- flattie — a flounder or other flatfish
- fleapit — a shabby public place, especially a run-down motion-picture theater.
8 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- antilife — opposed to living in harmony with the natural order
- califate — the rank, jurisdiction, or government of a caliph.
- deadlift — a type of lift where the weight or barbell is lifted off the ground until the lifter is standing up straight
- facelift — Also, face lifting, facelifting. plastic surgery on the face for elevating sagging tissues and eliminating wrinkles and other signs of age; rhytidectomy.
- faultier — having faults or defects; imperfect.
9 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- affiliate — An affiliate is an organization which is officially connected with another, larger organization or is a member of it.
- afflicted — to distress with mental or bodily pain; trouble greatly or grievously: to be afflicted with arthritis.
- afflicter — a person who causes distress, torment, or affliction
- afterlife — The afterlife is a life that some people believe begins when you die, for example a life in heaven or as another person or animal.
- airlifted — Simple past tense and past participle of airlift.
10 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- affectible — Alternative form of affectable.
- affiliated — If an organization is affiliated with another larger organization, it is officially connected with the larger organization or is a member of it.
- affiliates — Plural form of affiliate.
- afflictive — causing pain or misery
- afterlight — the light visible in the sky after sunset; afterglow.
11 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- affectingly — In a manner so as to affect.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
- affluential — an affluent person who does not display his or her wealth in the form of material possessions
12 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
13 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectibility — The quality or state of being affectible.
- affectionally — In an affectional manner.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
14 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- antifederalism — Alternative form of anti-federalism.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
15 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antifederalists — Plural form of antifederalist.
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
16 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- confidentialness — The state or quality of being confidential.
- coreferentiality — (of two words or phrases) having reference to the same person or thing.
- declassification — to remove the classification from (information, a document, etc.) that restricts access in terms of secrecy, confidentiality, etc. Compare classification (def 5).
17 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- defamiliarisation — (arts) The representation of objects anew, in a way that we do not recognize, or that changes our reading of them.
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
18 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- dysfunctionalities — Plural form of dysfunctionality.
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
- hydroflumethiazide — A diuretic drug.
19 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- hexafluoroplatinate — (chemistry) The univalent anion PtF6- prepared by reacting platinum hexafluoride with certain metals or other elements.
20 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hexafluoroantimonate — (inorganic chemistry) The anion SbF6- or any salt containing this anion; it is used as an acidic catalyst in epoxide opening reactions.
21 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
22 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
- trichlorofluoromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
- trifluorochloromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
23 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
26 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
27 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
32 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — (used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English.)
35 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e, t
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, I, L, E, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3819 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, I, L, E, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.