Words containing f, a, i, l, e
5 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- alfie — a male given name, form of Alfred.
6 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- a-life — Artificial Life
- afield — away from one's usual surroundings or home (esp in the phrase far afield)
- facile — moving, acting, working, proceeding, etc., with ease, sometimes with superficiality: facile fingers; a facile mind.
- failed — unsuccessful; failed: a totally fail policy.
- faille — a soft, transversely ribbed fabric of silk, rayon, or lightweight taffeta.
7 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- aelfric — ("Ælfric Grammaticus"; "Ælfric the Grammarian") a.d. c955–c1020, English abbot and writer.
- alewife — a North American fish, Pomolobus pseudoharengus, similar to the herring Clupea harengus: family Clupeidae (herrings)
- alfheim — the domain of elves.
- alfieri — Count Vittorio (vitˈtɔːrjo). 1749–1803, Italian dramatist and poet, noted for his classical tragedies and political satires
- failure — an act or instance of failing or proving unsuccessful; lack of success: His effort ended in failure. The campaign was a failure.
8 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- aerofoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- afebrile — without fever
- airfield — An airfield is an area of ground where aircraft take off and land. It is smaller than an airport.
- antilife — opposed to living in harmony with the natural order
- aycliffe — a town in Co Durham: founded as a new town in 1947. Pop (including Newton Aycliffe): 25 655 (2001)
9 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- affiliate — An affiliate is an organization which is officially connected with another, larger organization or is a member of it.
- afflicted — to distress with mental or bodily pain; trouble greatly or grievously: to be afflicted with arthritis.
- afflicter — a person who causes distress, torment, or affliction
- afterlife — The afterlife is a life that some people believe begins when you die, for example a life in heaven or as another person or animal.
- airlifter — a large aircraft specially designed to transport heavy cargo and to land on and take off from a relatively short runway.
10 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- affiliated — If an organization is affiliated with another larger organization, it is officially connected with the larger organization or is a member of it.
- afflictive — causing pain or misery
- afterlight — the light visible in the sky after sunset; afterglow.
- anglerfish — a bony fish with a growth on its head which can be wiggled to attract prey
- barrelfish — a blackish stromateid fish, Hyperoglyphe perciformis, inhabiting New England coastal waters.
11 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
- affluential — an affluent person who does not display his or her wealth in the form of material possessions
12 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- beaconsfield — a town in SE England, in Buckinghamshire. Pop: 12 292 (2001)
- beatifically — bestowing bliss, blessings, happiness, or the like: beatific peace.
- beneficially — conferring benefit; advantageous; helpful: the beneficial effect of sunshine.
- biflagellate — having two flagella
- black-figure — pertaining to or designating a style of vase painting developed in Greece in the 7th and 6th centuries b.c., chiefly characterized by silhouetted figures painted in black slip on a red clay body, details incised into the design, and a two-dimensional structure of form and space.
13 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
14 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
15 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
16 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- coreferentiality — (of two words or phrases) having reference to the same person or thing.
- declassification — to remove the classification from (information, a document, etc.) that restricts access in terms of secrecy, confidentiality, etc. Compare classification (def 5).
- four-dimensional — of a space having points, or a set having elements, which require four coordinates for their unique determination.
17 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
18 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
- king-of-the-salmon — a ribbonfish, Trachypterus altivelis, of northern parts of the Pacific Ocean.
- middle-of-the-road — favoring, following, or characterized by an intermediate position between two extremes, especially in politics; moderate.
19 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- ladies-of-the-night — plural of lady-of-the-night.
20 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
22 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
23 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
27 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
32 letter words containing f, a, i, l, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, I, L, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5836 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, I, L, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.