Words containing f, a, c
3 letter words containing f, a, c
4 letter words containing f, a, c
- afdc — Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- cafe — A café is a place where you can buy drinks, simple meals, and snacks, but, in Britain, not usually alcoholic drinks.
- caff — A caff is a café which serves simple British food such as fried eggs, bacon, and sausages.
- calf — A calf is a young cow.
- face — the front part of the head, from the forehead to the chin.
5 letter words containing f, a, c
- acuff — Roy1903-92; U.S. composer & country music singer
- afric — African.
- calif — California
- chafe — If your skin chafes or is chafed by something, it becomes sore as a result of something rubbing against it.
- chaff — Chaff is the outer part of grain such as wheat. It is removed before the grain is used as food.
6 letter words containing f, a, c
- affect — If something affects a person or thing, it influences them or causes them to change in some way.
- afocal — denoting a method for transferring an image without bringing it into focus
- africa — the second largest of the continents, on the Mediterranean in the north, the Atlantic in the west, and the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, and Indian Ocean in the east. The Sahara desert divides the continent unequally into North Africa (an early centre of civilization, in close contact with Europe and W Asia, now inhabited chiefly by Arabs) and Africa south of the Sahara (relatively isolated from the rest of the world until the 19th century and inhabited chiefly by Negroid peoples). It was colonized mainly in the 18th and 19th centuries by Europeans and now comprises independent nations. The largest lake is Lake Victoria and the chief rivers are the Nile, Niger, Congo, and Zambezi. Pop: 1 100 000 000 (2013 est). Area: about 30 300 000 sq km (11 700 000 sq miles)
- afscme — American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
- cafard — a feeling of severe depression
7 letter words containing f, a, c
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- acidify — to convert into or become acid
- aciform — needle-shaped; sharp
- aelfric — ("Ælfric Grammaticus"; "Ælfric the Grammarian") a.d. c955–c1020, English abbot and writer.
- affiche — a poster or advertisement, esp one drawn by an artist, as for the opening of an exhibition
8 letter words containing f, a, c
- ach-y-fi — an expression of disgust or abhorrence
- affected — If you describe someone's behaviour as affected, you disapprove of the fact that they behave in an unnatural way that is intended to impress other people.
- affiance — to bind (a person or oneself) in a promise of marriage; betroth
- africana — objects of cultural or historical interest of African origin
- aircraft — An aircraft is a vehicle which can fly, for example an aeroplane or a helicopter.
9 letter words containing f, a, c
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- aciniform — shaped like a bunch of grapes
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
10 letter words containing f, a, c
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
11 letter words containing f, a, c
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- actor-proof — (of a role or script) effective even if poorly acted.
- advance-fee — money paid in advance, as for goods or services, to a commission agent or the like.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
12 letter words containing f, a, c
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- africanness' — Also, Africa. of or from Africa; belonging to the black peoples of Africa.
13 letter words containing f, a, c
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
14 letter words containing f, a, c
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing f, a, c
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- biogasification — the conversion of organic matter into biogas.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
16 letter words containing f, a, c
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
17 letter words containing f, a, c
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- attorneys-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
18 letter words containing f, a, c
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
19 letter words containing f, a, c
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
20 letter words containing f, a, c
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
22 letter words containing f, a, c
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, a, c
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
32 letter words containing f, a, c
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, C. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9406 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, C that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.