Words containing f, a, b, r
4 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- barf — If someone barfs, they vomit.
- farb — (US) A historical reenactor (especially a US civil war reenactor) whose efforts at a historically accurate portrayal are, in the opinion of the speaker, inadequate. (For example, wearing a modern wristwatch with period costume.) The opposite of farb is \"hard-core\" (or hardcore), someone who is, in the opinion of the speaker, an \"authenticity fanatic\".
- frab — to harass; to nag
5 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- barfi — An Indian dessert made from sweetened, condensed milk flavoured with fruit and spices.
- barfs — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of barf.
- fabre — Jean Henri [zhahn ahn-ree] /ʒɑ̃ ɑ̃ˈri/ (Show IPA), 1823–1915, French entomologist and popular writer on insect life.
- fabry — Charles (ʃarl). 1867–1945, French physicist: discovered ozone in the upper atmosphere
- fubar — not working; completely messed up; bungled; confused.
6 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- barfed — Simple past tense and past participle of barf.
- barfly — A barfly is a person who spends a lot of time drinking in bars
- barful — presenting difficulties or obstacles
- biafra — a region of E Nigeria, formerly a local government region: seceded as an independent republic (1967–70) during the Civil War, but defeated by Nigerian government forces
- fabber — fabulous (def 2).
7 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
- baffler — Something that causes one to be baffled, particularly a difficult puzzle or riddle.
- balfour — Arthur James, 1st Earl of Balfour. 1848–1930, British Conservative statesman: prime minister (1902–05); foreign secretary (1916–19)
- baranof — island in Alexander Archipelago, Alas.: c. 1,600 sq mi (4,144 sq km): largest city, Sitka
8 letter words containing f, a, b, r
9 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- afro-comb — a comb with a handle and long teeth used esp on curly hair
- afterbeat — a secondary, weaker half of a musical beat.
- afterbody — any discarded part that continues to trail a satellite, rocket, etc, in orbit
- al-farabi — Mohammed ibn Tarkhan. died 950, Muslim philosopher, physician, and mathematician, of central Asian origin
- amberfish — amberjack.
10 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- affirmable — having the ability to be verified or confirmed
- affordable — If something is affordable, most people have enough money to buy it.
- affordably — in an affordable or reasonably priced manner
- afro-cuban — of or relating to a type of jazz influenced by Cuban variants of African rhythms
11 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- afterburner — a device in the exhaust system of an internal-combustion engine for removing or rendering harmless potentially dangerous components in the exhaust gases
- antifebrile — reducing fever; antipyretic
- antifebrine — (pharmaceutical drug) A compound of aniline with acetyl, used to allay fever or pain.
- asbestiform — having the look or structure of asbestos
- bacciferous — bearing berries
12 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- afforestable — having the capacity to be turned into forest
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- afterburners — Plural form of afterburner.
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
- antifebriles — Plural form of antifebrile.
13 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
- alphabetiform — having similarities to letters of the alphabet
- aschaffenburg — a city in Germany, on the River Main in Bavaria: seat of the Imperial Diet (1447); ceded to Bavaria in 1814. Pop: 68 607 (2003 est)
14 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- abortifacients — Plural form of abortifacient.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- antifilibuster — a person or method in opposition to filibustering
- back-and-forth — backward and forward; side to side; to and fro: a back-and-forth shuttling of buses to the stadium; the back-and-forth movement of a clock's pendulum.
15 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- azobisformamide — (chemistry) azodicarbonamide.
- board-certified — A doctor who is board-certified has passed tests and meets the standards of a board of specialists in their area of medicine.
- britneyfication — the effect on clothes and fashions of following the revealing styles favoured by the US pop singer Britney Spears (born 1981)
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
16 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- deboursification — (jargon) Removal of irrelevant newsgroups from the Newsgroups header of a followup. The term applies particularly to the removal of frivolous groups added by one of the Kooks. See also: sneck.
- flabbergastation — (colloquial) Bewildered shock or surprise; the state or condition of being flabbergasted.
17 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- african-caribbean — African-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
18 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
19 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- chlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of chlorofluorocarbon.
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- harbinger-of-spring — a North American umbelliferous herb, Erigenia bulbosa, having white flowers that bloom early in the spring.
- non-transferability — to convey or remove from one place, person, etc., to another: He transferred the package from one hand to the other.
21 letter words containing f, a, b, r
23 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- fluorochlorohydrocarbon — (organic chemistry) Any compound formally derived from a hydrocarbon by replacing some hydrogen atoms with fluorine and some with chlorine (at least one being retained).
- hydrochlorofluorocarbon — Any of a class of inert compounds of carbon, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chlorine, and fluorine, used in place of chlorofluorocarbons as being somewhat less destructive to the ozone layer.
24 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- hydrochlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of hydrochlorofluorocarbon.
32 letter words containing f, a, b, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, B, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2395 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, B, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.