Words containing e, s
3 letter words containing e, s
- aes — any of various early forms of bronze or copper money used in ancient Rome. Compare as2 (def 1).
4 letter words containing e, s
- aces — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- aesc — an Old English runic letter, comprising the letters 'A' and 'E'
- ages — the length of time during which a being or thing has existed; length of life or existence to the time spoken of or referred to: trees of unknown age; His age is 20 years.
- ames — a city in central Iowa.
- anes — once.
5 letter words containing e, s
- abase — to humble or belittle (oneself, etc)
- abbes — a member of the secular clergy.
- abies — a fir tree
- abuse — Abuse of someone is cruel and violent treatment of them.
- aedes — any mosquito of the genus Aedes (formerly Stegomyia) of tropical and subtropical regions, esp A. aegypti, which transmits yellow fever and dengue
6 letter words containing e, s
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abaser — a person who abases
- abates — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abbess — An abbess is the nun who is in charge of the other nuns in a convent.
7 letter words containing e, s
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- abraser — a machine for testing the abrasion resistance of a material.
8 letter words containing e, s
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
9 letter words containing e, s
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
10 letter words containing e, s
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
11 letter words containing e, s
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
12 letter words containing e, s
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
13 letter words containing e, s
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
14 letter words containing e, s
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
15 letter words containing e, s
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
16 letter words containing e, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
17 letter words containing e, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
18 letter words containing e, s
19 letter words containing e, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing e, s
21 letter words containing e, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
23 letter words containing e, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with E, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 104016 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains E, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.