Words containing e, a, c, h, n
5 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- hance — (transitive, obsolete) To raise, to elevate.
6 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- chaine — (in dancing) relating to the movement in which a full rotation is made for every two steps taken
- chance — If there is a chance of something happening, it is possible that it will happen.
- chanel — Gabrielle (ɡabriɛl), known as Coco Chanel. 1883–1971, French couturière and perfumer, who created "the little black dress" and the perfume Chanel No. 5
7 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- achaean — a member of a principal Greek tribe in the Mycenaean era
- acheron — one of the rivers in Hades over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon
- acheson — Dean (Gooderham). 1893–1971, US lawyer and statesman: secretary of state (1949–53) under President Truman
- arachne — a maiden changed into a spider for having presumptuously challenged Athena to a weaving contest
- archean — designating or of the geologic eon characterized by the development of the first igneous and metamorphic rocks and the first marine microorganisms; Precambrian, esp. early Precambrian
8 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- achenese — Atjehnese.
- achernar — the brightest star in the constellation Eridanus, visible only in the S hemisphere. Visual magnitude: 0.5; spectral type: B3V; distance: 144 light years
- achinese — Atjehnese.
- achiness — a constant, dull pain
- alchuine — (Ealhwine Flaccus) a.d. 735–804, English theologian and scholar: teacher and adviser of Charlemagne.
9 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- acanthine — of or resembling an acanthus
- acanthite — the orthorhombic form of silver sulfide.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- achieving — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
10 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- aerenchyma — plant tissue with large air-filled spaces, which is typical of aquatic plants and allows air to reach waterlogged parts
11 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- abranchiate — having no gills
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
12 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
13 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
14 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
15 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
16 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
17 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
19 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
20 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
21 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
22 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
23 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
25 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
29 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
31 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
32 letter words containing e, a, c, h, n
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with E, A, C, H, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7935 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains E, A, C, H, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.