Words containing d, r
4 letter words containing d, r
- adar — (in the Jewish calendar) the twelfth month of the year according to biblical reckoning and the sixth month of the civil year, usually falling within February and March. In a leap year, an additional month Adar Rishon (first Adar) is intercalated between Shevat and Adar, and the latter is known as Adar Sheni (second Adar)
- arad — a city in W Romania, on the Mureş River: became part of Romania after World War I, after belonging successively to Turkey, Austria, and Hungary. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- ards — a district of Northern Ireland, in Co Down. Pop: 74 369 (2003 est). Area: 368 sq km (142 sq miles)
- arid — Arid land is so dry that very few plants can grow on it.
5 letter words containing d, r
- acred — having acres of land
- acrid — An acrid smell or taste is strong and sharp, and usually unpleasant.
- adder — In Europe and Asia, an adder is a small poisonous snake that has a black pattern on its back. In North America, a number of different poisonous and non-poisonous snakes are called adders.
- adler — Alfred (ˈalfreːt). 1870–1937, Austrian psychiatrist, noted for his descriptions of overcompensation and inferiority feelings
- adore — If you adore someone, you feel great love and admiration for them.
6 letter words containing d, r
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- aborad — (anatomy) Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral).
- abrade — To abrade something means to scrape or wear down its surface by rubbing it.
- abroad — If you go abroad, you go to a foreign country, usually one which is separated from the country where you live by an ocean or a sea.
7 letter words containing d, r
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
- abraded — Simple past tense and past participle of abrade.
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- acardia — congenital absence of a heart.
8 letter words containing d, r
- aardvark — a nocturnal mammal, Orycteropus afer, the sole member of its family (Orycteropodidae) and order (Tubulidentata). It inhabits the grasslands of Africa, has long ears and snout, and feeds on termites
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- aberdare — a town in South Wales, in Rhondda Cynon Taff county borough. Pop: 31 705 (2001)
9 letter words containing d, r
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abecedary — abecedarian.
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
10 letter words containing d, r
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
11 letter words containing d, r
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
12 letter words containing d, r
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
13 letter words containing d, r
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
14 letter words containing d, r
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
15 letter words containing d, r
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
16 letter words containing d, r
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
17 letter words containing d, r
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
18 letter words containing d, r
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
19 letter words containing d, r
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
20 letter words containing d, r
21 letter words containing d, r
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing d, r
23 letter words containing d, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
25 letter words containing d, r
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing d, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with D, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 50774 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains D, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.