Words containing d, i, p
3 letter words containing d, i, p
- dip — to plunge (something, as a cloth or sponge) temporarily into a liquid, so as to moisten it, dye it, or cause it to take up some of the liquid: He dipped the brush into the paint bucket.
4 letter words containing d, i, p
5 letter words containing d, i, p
- aphid — Aphids are very small insects which live on plants and suck their juices.
- biped — A biped is a creature with two legs.
- bipod — a two-legged support or stand
- cupid — Cupid is the Roman god of love. He is usually shown as a baby boy with wings and a bow and arrow.
- dipad — Diploma in Art and Design
6 letter words containing d, i, p
- aliped — (of bats and similar animals) having the digits connected by a winglike membrane
- bid-up — the act or an instance of increasing the price of something by forcing the bidding upward.
- capsid — any heteropterous bug of the family Miridae (formerly Capsidae), most of which feed on plant tissues, causing damage to crops
- copied — an imitation, reproduction, or transcript of an original: a copy of a famous painting.
- cuspid — a tooth having one point; canine tooth
7 letter words containing d, i, p
- adipate — a salt or ester of adipic acid.
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
- adipsia — complete lack of thirst
- airdrop — a delivery of supplies, troops, etc, from an aircraft by parachute
- anapsid — belonging or pertaining to the Anapsida, a subclass of reptiles, extinct except for the turtles, characterized by having no opening in the temporal region of the skull.
8 letter words containing d, i, p
- adapting — to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
- adaption — Adaption means the same as adaptation.
- adaptive — Adaptive means having the ability or tendency to adapt to different situations.
- adiposis — obesity or excessive fatness
- adiprene — a polyurethane elastomer with exceptional abrasion resistance and strength
9 letter words containing d, i, p
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- actinopod — any protozoan of the phylum Actinopoda, such as a radiolarian or a heliozoan, having stiff radiating cytoplasmic projections
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
- adaptions — the act of adapting.
- ademption — the failure of a specific legacy, as by a testator disposing of the subject matter in his lifetime
10 letter words containing d, i, p
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- actinopods — any protozoan of the subclass Actinopoda, including the heliozoans and radiolarians, having stiff, rodlike, radiating pseudopodia.
- adaptation — An adaptation of a book or play is a film or a television programme that is based on it.
- adaptively — in an adaptive manner
- adaptivity — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
11 letter words containing d, i, p
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- adaptogenic — acting to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
12 letter words containing d, i, p
13 letter words containing d, i, p
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- allophanamide — biuret.
- allopolyploid — (of cells, organisms, etc) having more than two sets of haploid chromosomes inherited from different species
- anaphrodisiac — tending to lessen sexual desire
- anaphylactoid — Of, pertaining to, or resembling anaphylaxis.
14 letter words containing d, i, p
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- allopolyploidy — the state of having two or more sets of chromosomes derived from parents of different species or widely differing strains
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
15 letter words containing d, i, p
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
16 letter words containing d, i, p
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
17 letter words containing d, i, p
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
18 letter words containing d, i, p
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
19 letter words containing d, i, p
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
20 letter words containing d, i, p
21 letter words containing d, i, p
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
22 letter words containing d, i, p
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
23 letter words containing d, i, p
24 letter words containing d, i, p
31 letter words containing d, i, p
32 letter words containing d, i, p
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with D, I, P. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11995 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains D, I, P that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.