Words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
6 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- dactyl — a metrical foot of three syllables, one long followed by two short (– ◡ ◡)
7 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
8 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
9 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
10 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- -dactylous — having fingers, toes, etc. of a (specified) kind or number
- acceptedly — In an accepted manner; admittedly.
- accidently — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acetylated — Simple past tense and past participle of acetylate.
- acetylides — Plural form of acetylide.
11 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- accordantly — agreeing; conforming; harmonious.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- addictingly — In an addicting manner.
- addictively — In an addictive manner.
- adjectively — Grammar. any member of a class of words that modify nouns and pronouns, primarily by describing a particular quality of the word they are modifying, as wise in a wise grandmother, or perfect in a perfect score, or handsome in He is extremely handsome. Other terms, as numbers (one cup; twelve months), certain demonstrative pronouns (this magazine; those questions), and terms that impose limits (each person; no mercy) can also function adjectivally, as can some nouns that are found chiefly in fixed phrases where they immediately precede the noun they modify, as bottle in bottle cap and bus in bus station. Synonyms: modifier, qualifier, identifier, describer, describing word.
12 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- adjectivally — as an adjective
- adjunctively — in an adjunctive manner
13 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- accidentality — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acotyledonous — Having no seed lobes, as the dodder; also applied to plants which have no true seeds, as ferns, mosses, etc.
- adiabatically — in an adiabetic manner
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
14 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- adscititiously — In an adscititious way.
- anisodactylous — Zoology. having the toes unlike, or unequal in number.
- antidromically — in an antidromic manner
- arachnodactyly — A condition in which the fingers and hands are abnormally long and slender.
- brachydactylia — abnormal shortness of the fingers and toes.
15 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- accommodatingly — In an accommodating manner.
- atlantic-ridley — ridley (def 1).
- bidirectionally — in a bidirectional manner
- calcined-baryta — Also called calcined baryta, barium oxide, barium monoxide, barium protoxide. a white or yellowish-white poisonous solid, BaO, highly reactive with water: used chiefly as a dehydrating agent and in the manufacture of glass.
- confidentiality — spoken, written, acted on, etc., in strict privacy or secrecy; secret: a confidential remark.
16 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
- cladogenetically — By means of cladogenesis.
- coleridge-taylor — Samuel. 1875–1912, British composer, best known for his trilogy of oratorios Song of Hiawatha (1898–1900)
17 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
- dehydrochlorinate — to remove hydrogen chloride or chlorine and hydrogen from (a substance).
- dendroclimatology — The science that uses dendrochronology to reconstruct historical climate conditions.
- deterministically — the doctrine that all facts and events exemplify natural laws.
- dialectologically — In terms of dialectology.
18 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- dysfunctionalities — Plural form of dysfunctionality.
- electrodynamometer — An instrument that measures electric current by indicating the strength of repulsion or attraction between the magnetic fields of two sets of coils, one fixed and one movable.
- indiscriminatingly — In an indiscriminating manner.
19 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- contradistinctively — In contradistinction.
- deacetyltransferase — (enzyme) Any of a class of enzymes that remove acetyl groups, especially from a lysine residue of a histone.
- electrocardiography — The measurement of electrical activity in the heart and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen), using electrodes placed on the skin of the limbs and chest.
- electrodynamometers — Plural form of electrodynamometer.
20 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
- heteropolysaccharide — (carbohydrate) any polysaccharide formed from two or more different kinds of monosaccharide.
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
21 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
22 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- magnetohydrodynamically — In a magnetohydrodynamic way.
24 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- electrocardiographically — By means of electrocardiography.
25 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
30 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
35 letter words containing d, a, c, t, y, l
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with D, A, C, T, Y, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1286 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains D, A, C, T, Y, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.