Words containing d, a, c, h
4 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- chad — the small pieces of cardboard or paper removed during the punching of holes in computer printer paper, paper tape, etc
5 letter words containing d, a, c, h
6 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- archd. — archdeacon
- arched — An arched roof, window, or doorway is curved at the top.
- cashed — money in the form of coins or banknotes, especially that issued by a government.
- chadar — the traditional garment of Muslim and Hindu women, consisting of a long, usually black or drab-colored cloth or veil that envelops the body from head to foot and covers all or part of the face.
- chadic — a subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic family of languages, spoken in an area west and south of Lake Chad, the chief member of which is Hausa
7 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- adichie — Chimamanda Ngozi, born 1977, Nigerian novelist; her novels include Purple Hibiscus (2003) and Half of a Yellow Sun (2006), which won the 2007 Orange Prize for Fiction
- aldrich — Thomas Bailey1836-1907; U.S. poet & novelist
- ardeche — a department of S France, in Rhône-Alpes region. Capital: Privas. Pop: 294 933 (2003 est). Area: 5556 sq km (2167 sq miles)
- batched — a quantity or number coming at one time or taken together: a batch of prisoners.
- caddish — like or characteristic of a cad; ungentlemanly
8 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- acidhead — a person who uses LSD
- anchored — any of various devices dropped by a chain, cable, or rope to the bottom of a body of water for preventing or restricting the motion of a vessel or other floating object, typically having broad, hooklike arms that bury themselves in the bottom to provide a firm hold.
- arachnid — any terrestrial chelicerate arthropod of the class Arachnida, characterized by simple eyes and four pairs of legs. The group includes the spiders, scorpions, ticks, mites, and harvestmen
- archduke — a chief duke, esp (since 1453) a prince of the Austrian imperial dynasty
- attached — If you are attached to someone or something, you like them very much.
9 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- acanthoid — resembling a spine; spiny
- acid-head — a person who habitually takes the drug LSD.
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- adherence — Adherence is the fact of adhering to a particular rule, agreement, or belief.
- adhocracy — management that responds to urgent problems rather than planning to avoid them
10 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- anderlecht — a town in central Belgium, a suburb of Brussels. Pop: 92 755 (2004 est)
11 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
12 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
13 letter words containing d, a, c, h
14 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- antaphrodisiac — Capable of reducing the sex drive.
- arachnodactyly — A condition in which the fingers and hands are abnormally long and slender.
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
15 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- autoschediastic — offhand, with little forethought or preparation
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- cephalochordate — any chordate animal of the subphylum Cephalochordata, having a fishlike body and no vertebral column; lancelet
16 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
17 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- champagne-ardenne — a region of NE France: a countship and commercial centre in medieval times; it consists of a great plain, with sheep and dairy farms and many vineyards
18 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
19 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
20 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
- mechanical-impedance — Electricity. the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z.
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
21 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
23 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing d, a, c, h
26 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- organophosphorus-compounds — Biochemistry. any of a variety of organic compounds that contain phosphorus and often have intense neurotoxic activity: originally developed as nerve gases, now widely used as insecticides and fire retardants.
31 letter words containing d, a, c, h
32 letter words containing d, a, c, h
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with D, A, C, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5422 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains D, A, C, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.